BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had my 06 LT for a year but this is the first time I tried using the Intercom to communicate with the pillion, with no results. I have the Intercom set to "ON" under the stingray and read through the comm manual but cannot see what else is required to get this part to work. The radio works and I would expect it should cut out when ever we say something through the headset mic. I have the IMC headset with the 6 pin BMW attachment cord. Any advice would be appreciated as usual.

Thanks in advance.

Mugz

·
Registered
701 Posts
I hope it's not the IMC headset, As I've just ordered some for my 06...I did ask about compatibility & was told they work.
Have you tried just using the Intercom with no radio playing (press CD button till Intercom shows in display)? Also maybe lowering the threshold of the mic to see if that works?

My guesses!

·
Human Behaviour Analyst
267 Posts
Mugszy said:
The radio works and I would expect it should cut out when ever we say something through the headset mic. I have the IMC headset with the 6 pin BMW attachment cord. Any advice would be appreciated as usual.
Mugz
Neither you nor the saviour himself can get the IMC headset to work on the LT.
Been there, done that.
J&M Corp is the only compatible microphone setup. I had this exact same experience a couple of years back and found that it had something to do with the power it takes to trigger the IMC microphone. Don't remember exact details.
IMC headset vendor was Cycle Gadgets and I was told at the booth (Americade) by a chinese guy from Vancouver who represented IMC that it would work. WRONG!
Thankfully Cycle Gadgets were great, gave me a 100% refund on the IMC equipment and immediately shipped the J&M gear I needed.
Have subsequently found that calling J&M directly is the best and cheapest approach.
You can get em at: http://www.jmcorp.com/Static/jmcontact.htm
Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news ... but you'll love them once you get the right gear in.
Keir

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the bad news... IMC must be willing to put a damper on their reputation if they are advertising their equipment as being compatible. I will have to follow this up with them.

Mugz

·
Registered
165 Posts
I went through the exact same scenrio with the IMC headsets. They were helpful and refunded my $$ when I returned the items, but they did say they "tested" the returned items and said they worked fine. At least it was a no hassle experience but it should never happened in the first place. The headsets DO NOT work on the LT. Sorry you wasted your time like I did.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If these IMC headset don't work in the LT.

Then what other BMW 6 pin communication systems are there on other models of BMW?
I have searched but can only find reference to Baher & possible Satcom1 systems, but they are 3rd party comm systems. So question is why would IMC make a headset that is for BMW & advertise for it?

Any answers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts