BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These plugs are attached to wires coming from the radio harness. One is white with a black and a white wire. It fits in a slot on a bracket just below the left front speaker. The other is a smaller black plug that is identical to the capped diagnostic plug also coming from the radio harness. It is a long enough wire that it could follow a route down to underneath the front seat or into the front fairing. It has a green and a black wire. I have been trying to resolve this for 2 days and have exhausted every option. The bike is a 2005.

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
Those are all associated with the intercom system but you said it was an 05 and that is not the intercom that came with the 05 so it must have been retrofitted by the previous owner. The long one to the rear may be the passenger PTT line. I do not have good info on the intercom wiring diagram or wire color codes. Sorry. But having said that I have found over the years that if it was all hooked up when I took it apart they usually only go back together one way and all the bikes I have torn apart worked again after I reassembled them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could never get the intercom to work. I don't believe these wires were ever hooked up to anything now. It has been awhile since I took it all apart. I know those real long ones were just tied up under the passengers seat. Thanks John. Are you telling me that the intercom system was some how altered. They seem to be coming directly from the original harness like they were factory. I cannot find them in the wiring diagrams.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
I believe what you have is the BC-3 intercom and it was made for the LT but for 05 they offered the V.O.I.C.E I then the II with an LED readout and central large knob instead of the BC-3. Not saying it wouldn't work, but that could be why it doesn't. Here is the VOICE kit photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So I'm missing the hardware that connects this hardware to the passenger. Is that correct? This must be one of those early 05's. The ones that had some of the left over 04 crap installed in it. I have to say, throttle cables work fine.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I honestly would be surprised if John wasn't onto it, but for the life of me, in that location, they sure look like the power plug to the GPS III accessory to me (at least that's what it was like on my 05). To know for sure you'd need to put a multimeter on it to see if it is powered upon ignition on.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
Rowie is most likely correct as they may not all be associated with the intercom and could be GPS prep wiring. You can check the build date on the plate under the seat, or type in the last 7 digits of the VIN in the Real OEM web site. Mine was built in April of 04, no factory intercom.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been doing research and looking at micro fiche but it just doesn't seem to match up. At least I now know that I didn't miss anything. I will continue with my rebuild. Thanks for your help Boys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts