BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing the Autolamp HID kit now. The nose cone cover will not lift out. We have removed the 6 screws and the map light torx screw, What is holding it in-it moves about 1 inch then stops.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
motogpmgr said:
I am installing the Autolamp HID kit now. The nose cone cover will not lift out. We have removed the 6 screws and the map light torx screw, What is holding it in-it moves about 1 inch then stops.
Make sure you did get the right screw behind the map light! Many of us have removed one of the Phillips screws that are actually part of the Instrument cover instead of the actual Allen? screw that is holding the cover. It is really hidden up in there. The other possible problems are the cover is just snagging on the nose cowl, or you may have to move the windshield arms up or down for clearance.

HTH!

John

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Here is a diagram that might help you...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I had the same problem. I got the one in the map-light hole. It was either two screws near the mirror mounts . . . or there was one dead center that I had somehow missed. Just know that, if you're tugging, you've missed a screw. The nosecone comes off VERY easily once all the associated fasteners have been removed.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
hybridcage said:
Can headlight modulator I have be used if converting to HID's?
I wouldn't do that even if you find a way to make it work. HID's aren't made to be flashed. You will shorten lamp life and/or damage the ballast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts