BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got home from s 400 mile ride 2 ky and back radio worked fine on the way down yesterday mornin went n 2 town 2 git a bite radio workin fine then cuts out 2 only the left front i can shut the bike off and starter back up and all speakers work fine fer 15-20 seconds then shuts all but 1 down?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Slim said:
just got home from s 400 mile ride 2 ky and back radio worked fine on the way down yesterday mornin went n 2 town 2 git a bite radio workin fine then cuts out 2 only the left front i can shut the bike off and starter back up and all speakers work fine fer 15-20 seconds then shuts all but 1 down?
Hey, Slim - long shot, butt try the battery disconnect dance and see if the radio system reboots after re-hook.

And do the TPS (throttle position sensor) procedure after the battery is back in the loop. You know the one - turn on ignition without starting; twist the throttle wide open and release; do that a coupla times, then turn key off. Start up the scoot like you normally would and take a leetle ride around a few blocks, or down the lane and back. See if all is well with the radio and the injun. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Sounds like rear channels are going bad. The same thing happened to me too.

Slim said:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
If your bike has the CD played in the head unit then it is probably bad. It sems the ones with the cassette player head unit lasted longer.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does have cd but the single 1 n glove box don't work just the 6 changer,will go out and hook battery back up left it unhooked all nite

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your radio is shot. I don't want to be a pessimist buuutttt, your choices are:
1. Spend about $800.00 and get a new one.
2. Spend about 2-3 months and find one used from the beemer bone yard.
3. Go with a used tape model from the beemer bone yard about $250.00-$300.00
4. Listen to one speaker.

Sorry. :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
tankman1001 said:
Your radio is shot. I don't want to be a pessimist buuutttt, your choices are:
1. Spend about $800.00 and get a new one.
2. Spend about 2-3 months and find one used from the beemer bone yard.
3. Go with a used tape model from the beemer bone yard about $250.00-$300.00
4. Listen to one speaker.

Sorry. :(
5. Yank it out and use an MP3 player with an intercom.
6. Do the Jensen upgrade http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43942&highlight=Jensen+Radio :bmw:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hooked battery back up and still no tunes like the jensen set up you would think that they could make a radio that will last at least HARLEY does that never had every thing apart but 2mar nite i'll be a startin lookin fer jennys stero 2nite

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
checked it out this morning and all speakers r a workin ? whatz the deal if its electral problem they dont fix thereselfs if itz a short maybe ? oh well goin fer a ride tunes or no tunes :wave :confused: :wave :wave

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Clean and lube with di-electric grease the connections at the stingray and at the rear trunk.
This is fairly common...

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts