BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2003 I bought a Ultra and Road King both in black and silver.
In 2007 a sold the R-K to a friend and picked up a new 07 LT. 2 years later I am thinking of selling the LT and getting a 09 GT. Right now I have 2 great ( and heavy) touring bikes. I have no interest in ever getting rid of the Ultra mainly because it is a anniversary addition. I am looking for something lighter and that will raise my heart rate. So the question is. Have you switched from a LT to GT with no regrets. If I make the move I feel I will have two completely different but great rides.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I had an '02 LT. Loved it. Sold it to buy an '06 GT. Loved it. Never regretted "the move". Sold the GT last October. Just wish the BMWs were more dependable. Bummer...

·
Registered
27 Posts
It might depend whether or not you ride two up. The LT is much better for two up. I had a 1999 LT and traded for K12RS, then a 05 R12RT and then a 06 GT and now an 09 K13GT. No regrets

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I've had 3 LTs and put on a little over 105,000 on the bunch. I moved to the GT (08, now 09) and I haven't loked back for a second. Just do it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to the four members for the response. It appears that my procrastination is paying off. I contacted my Milwaukee dealer today to inform him that I would be in on Saturday with a decision on the GT. He informed me that BMW came out with special financing today for the GT.
2.9% for 3 years
3.9% for 4 years
4.9% for 5 years
That along with the great price and a 2009 sales tax credit make it hard not to do the deal.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Demo-Man
I've ridden three Lt's over 205k and switched to the Gt last fall with no regrets at all, if you plan on riding two up I would not recommend the GT. I would go with the RT it is a better two up bike than the GT IMO, I'm sure other riders would disagree with me but that's benefit of these lists.
The GT is a very good bike and so much easier to ride than the Lt's mainly because of the weight.
You won't regret changing to the GT.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I switched from the LT to an '06 GT and I love the GT. It is a different beast, but i rode it today and it is SOOOOOOOO cool....just a GREAT bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input.
I went up to Milwaukee BMW today and closed the deal on a 09 Royal Blue GT. I'll be picking it up next Saturday.

·
Registered
203 Posts
grifscoots said:
2000LT, put 108,000 miles on it and loved every second. The wifey quit riding and the '07 GT is loved even better! Although I've never had a pillion, I bet it's not very pleasant..... especially when the front wheel is in the air.
I can confirm the ASC puts a stop to such tomfoolery :) ... as soon as the wheelie starts to develop the computer reduces the power to bring it back to earth :)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
slparry said:
I can confirm the ASC puts a stop to such tomfoolery :) ... as soon as the wheelie starts to develop the computer reduces the power to bring it back to earth :)

Man...that must really SUCK!!!! Mine'll come on over on ya if you don't back off! :dance:

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
cccpastorjack said:
Man...that must really SUCK!!!! Mine'll come on over on ya if you don't back off! :dance:
If I ever got a GT it would be so I could ride like I did on my old kawasaki 750 triple. It was fun doing a wheelie any time I wanted to. A bike that ended my wheelie on its own would SUCK.

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
Demo-man said:
Thanks for the input.
I went up to Milwaukee BMW today and closed the deal on a 09 Royal Blue GT. I'll be picking it up next Saturday.
Congrats Demo! You will love it.

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
grifscoots said:
Well, my bike doesn't have ASC, but it does have CC (chicken control).
I've seen those, at the outer edges of your tires. :D

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
grifscoots said:
Well, it was either chicken strips, or loud pipes.
Well, loud pipes DO save lives.....AND speed kills! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts