BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My background noise sensor is driving me nuts! The volume jumps to more than twice normal just with a little noise. Even if I clear my throat it will jump suddenly to really irritatingly high level.

The instruction manual indicates that there are two potentiometers within the unit that can be adjusted. Auto volume control steps 1 and 2 and auto control volume 3 and 4. Is there anyone that can help me adjust this noise sensor so my eardrums don't burst whenever the BGNS kicks in?

Since I live far from any competant Autocom dealer I almost have to deal with this myself...

Roy
Norway

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hi Roy.

I changed from an old mono Autocom (Easy7) to the Active-Plus unit and also had a lot of trouble setting up the vox... however I spent some time just screwing around with different setting positions on the external knobs and I thnk also the internal pots and have wound up with a reasonable result. I think at first I had things wound up too high, and had to pair it all back until we could talk without the vox cutting in too late or other weird things happening (volume levels etc)... cant remember specifically how I sorted it (not much help, I know) but I suggest just play with the pot settings to see what difference it makes... Im sure you'll work it out, unless you have a dud unit?

regards

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had similar problems and fixed it by just removing the sensor altogether. Have not had a problem since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts