BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have a 2010 RT with the audio controler on the left hand control.
I dont listen to audio via the built in speakers as they simply distort at cruising speeds and I usually either wear ear plugs or Sennheiser ear buds plugged into the ZUMO 550 for directions and/or music but mainly for music.
The 2010 RT also has an IPOD adaptor built into the storage compartment which also means that when the ipod is plugged in, it can be controlled using the left hand audio controller which would be more ergo friendly than using the ZUMO.
Problem is that it only plays through the in built dash speakers.
Be patient, I am getting there.
Does anyone know if I can wire the ZUMO into the RT audio system so that the audible directions are fed into it and then also wire in an output jack to the RT system so that I can use a pair of generic earphones to listen to all of the RT audio options including the GPS?
There was probably a shorter way of asking but Im sure you know get the question???
Anyone who has acheived this or knows how please help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Dadicool,

you are the first one I´m now in contact via this platform.
Exactly your question has it been which pressed me to surge here. I got the answers under this thread: http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53007

Until short before end of 2010 the connections are installed directly behind the instruments. After that there are three connections easily to receice at the cover support behind the front light. The connections themselves are adapted to the BMW own cable system. One cable is mentioned under the thread above and the other are from the BMW GPS-holder. The ZUMO 550 I do not know but it is working in that way with the ZUMO 660.

I did not do it in that way as I´m a self-made man I used the ends of paper clips to solder them to my own wires. That fits quite well.

Hopefully you can go with that...

Br
Klaus

·
Registered
270 Posts
If u want to skip all the drama get a Autocom system use a 2273 isolation lead which will solder into your existing speaker wires, get a logic system, this should get u operational with all audio functions coming into your helmet, now u can add frs, cell phone, radar detector as u see fit........Kieth

·
Registered
13 Posts
Follow the thread that was listed above. There is a Line Out and an Audio In from the BMW GPS. I use both. You'll need special adapters for both connections. I have a 2011 and the connections are easy to get to under the triple tree, but yours are probably behind the right hand mirror, at least the Line Out is there. I don't know where the GPS Audio In is on your year. Send me a PM if you want more info. I've researched it fully and helped my dealer find the Audio In since they had not hooked up the factory GPS.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm also interested in this. I have been told the 2010's do not have a GPS audio input connector unless the NAV4 harness is installed. If anyone has found another way that would be great! Currently, I run the GPS audio into my Autocomm.
Cheers
Peter

·
Registered
27 Posts
there is some connector under the right side mirror, i already ordered the paired one and received it, it is a bmw part. did not had the time to install. that is actually a line out from the radio, will route into the intercom system on my bike (baehr, about same as autocom). better get such an intercom, you will have everything handy. baehr is making one especially designed for the rt. i have the verso xl, smaller brother.

http://uk.baehr.net/kommunikation.htm

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yep, that plug is for audio ( line out and requires some changes to the radio settings to become active). There is an extensive thread on this site with wiring information etc. Unfortunately, there is no audio input in that connector. An intercom is a good solution to "merge" the GPS and other audio. I don't think anyone has found a way to use the radio system as a "hub" as suggested in the original post.
Peter

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm just starting this journey--I have a 2010 RT with the radio: I purchased a Garmin Zumo 665 and I'm looking for the audio in that is referenced in the manual. I asked the dealer to install it but they're telling me that they've never integrated a GPS (other than the NAV 4) with the radio controls and that they'd have to find somewhere to splice in order to hear my GPS through the bike speakers.

I found a connector where the manual references one but it looks like its the line in from the media compartment where I have my IPOD connected.

Anyone knows or have a picture of the line in location for the GPS?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I assume the connector you found was taped near the front of the forks. On my 2010 this is switched 12 volt power. I am using it for a relay trigger voltage for my fuzeblock. These connectors have been discussed in another thread on the RT forum. Apparently, the manual is incorrect. When I discussed integrating my GPS into the audio system with my dealer, I was told that the NAV4 came with a wiring harness that was required to provide an input into the audio system. The speculation is that if this harness was installed, then audio from a non-BMW GPS could be integrated into the audio system.
Ride Safe
Peter

·
Registered
42 Posts
TWheels said:
I assume the connector you found was taped near the front of the forks. On my 2010 this is switched 12 volt power. I am using it for a relay trigger voltage for my fuzeblock. These connectors have been discussed in another thread on the RT forum. Apparently, the manual is incorrect. When I discussed integrating my GPS into the audio system with my dealer, I was told that the NAV4 came with a wiring harness that was required to provide an input into the audio system. . .
Yes I believe it is a power switch. I've researched this issue on the forum for many hours. Much of the discussion seems centered around the location of the line-out connector--the next challenge.

The solution may be to connect the line-out from the radio and zumo 665 to an autocom system. I was hoping to be able to control everything through the radio paddle on the left side, but I'll probably end up accepting a compromise.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doru said:
there is some connector under the right side mirror, i already ordered the paired one and received it, it is a bmw part. did not had the time to install. that is actually a line out from the radio, will route into the intercom system on my bike (baehr, about same as autocom). better get such an intercom, you will have everything handy. baehr is making one especially designed for the rt. i have the verso xl, smaller brother.

http://uk.baehr.net/kommunikation.htm
Hey Doru, how are you old mate?

·
Registered
27 Posts
dadicool59 said:
Hey Doru, how are you old mate?
hey frankie (haha) i have a terrible itch with the new 1600 gt, will test tomorrow. damn! are there anywhere new bikes for free?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts