BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help please.
My 04's ABS warning lights started the alternate flashing indicating the rear brake fluid reservoir was low. I checked and sure enough it was slightly above the "min" mark. I removed the rear seat and the right battery panel to gain access to the reservoir in order to top it up. To my surprise, there was no recognizable fill cap, but instead were 2 electrical connections and 2 plastic nuts with hoses running through their centers.

To make matters more confusing, I noticed that there were 2 separate "min" "max" indicators on the reservoir. So, do I simply loosen the plastic nuts and pour the fluid in? Or is there some other procedure.

I've searched the HOW and my service manual and can't find the answer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
You're on the right track. The two sides fo the container have separate fill locations complete with min/max indicators. Both need to be within the limits noted. Open either or both of the "plastic nuts" and bring the fluid up to the level you want on that side of the reservoir. It usually takes very little to get it right. ET
mikec826 said:
Need a little help please.
My 04's ABS warning lights started the alternate flashing indicating the rear brake fluid reservoir was low. I checked and sure enough it was slightly above the "min" mark. I removed the rear seat and the right battery panel to gain access to the reservoir in order to top it up. To my surprise, there was no recognizable fill cap, but instead were 2 electrical connections and 2 plastic nuts with hoses running through their centers.

To make matters more confusing, I noticed that there were 2 separate "min" "max" indicators on the reservoir. So, do I simply loosen the plastic nuts and pour the fluid in? Or is there some other procedure.

I've searched the HOW and my service manual and can't find the answer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! That's what I did - I just wanted to make sure I didn't open the system thus requiring a brake bleed.
Thanks again.
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts