BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replace the stock helmet speakers with a set of Skull candy head phone speaker.Skull candy speaker are a lot clearer and even have a little bass also.The head band was broke on the headphone so I had nothing to lose. With small gauge wire connected to the speakers I was able to tin the wires and push them into the speaker plugs then I used a little silicon to secure them.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
DVX, I tried the same thing but found that the best quality sound was achieved when the speaker was pressed against my ear. The problem was how to position/shim/adjust/coerce the speaker against the ear and still allow the helmet to be donned and removed.

After numerous attempts I finally found the solution that works for me. I replaced the speakers with molded ear buds and put a stereo jack on the outside of the helmet for the molded buds to plug into ( I use a Cardo-Scala Q2 system, so easy to do). This has really worked out well. The molded phones block out virtually ALL the outside noise which means you can listen to your tunes etc. at a very low volume. As low as if you were sitting at home in your La-Z-Boy.

Because the phones are molded to your ear only they don't fall out when you put your helmet on. This has made a tremendous improvement in tunes enjoyment for my passengers and me.

BTW, I keep a spare molded earphone kit with me in the events someone is going to ride behind me for more than a couple hours. Takes 20-30 minute to make them. For short jaunts, regular earbuds are ok and because I used a stereo jack on the outside of the helmet any earbuds will work.

Loren

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree but the skull candy speakers still sound better then the stock speakers.I was also able to make a sound box in the styrofoam of the helmet which helped also.I normaly use all the speakers on the bike even with the head set

1 - 3 of 3 Posts