BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anytbody come across a good helmet that comes close to matching the color of an 2012 dark blue K1600gtl?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Torch said:
Anytbody come across a good helmet that comes close to matching the color of an 2012 dark blue K1600gtl?
Light colored helmets are proven to be a lot safer.

Numerous places on the web confirm this.

My bike is Black Sapphire so I matched the silver trim.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know, the wife and I both have Silver ones now. Just curious if it's out there..

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Torch said:
Yeah I know, the wife and I both have Silver ones now. Just curious if it's out there..
Probably have to custom paint it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought about matching a helmet to the blue bike colour then gave up. Went with an Arai Profile with black and grey that more matched my jacket and chaps. This is my opinion and please do not get offended as it is not my intention to upset anyone, but I have seen others who try and match a bike colour to a bike helmet and it kinda looks goofy. There just seems to be some sort of disconnect between the bike and the helmet unless you pay a lot and have the helmets custom painted. Even then.....Again, my humble opinion.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I hear you, by the way took a ride a few years ago and ended up in Victoria, beautiful place. On my to do list again.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Torch said:
Yeah I hear you, by the way took a ride a few years ago and ended up in Victoria, beautiful place. On my to do list again.
Victoria is beutiful, I am just down the sound in Seattle.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I have a dark anthracite C3 and it looks blue to me even thought not so much in the picture, though not as dark as the bike, not a clash:
C3 Anthracite

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Dan-A said:
I have a dark anthracite C3 and it looks blue to me even thought not so much in the picture, though not as dark as the bike, not a clash:
C3 Anthracite
You colorblind? :histerica

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Dan-A said:
It could be the glasses. :rotf:
Ya nothin' like a hit of windpane to turn those glasses to a kaleidescope and distort your perception of reality:yeah:

·
Registered
659 Posts
What's a helmet?

·
IBR# 366
16,574 Posts
Reid said:
What's a helmet?
It's that thing you wear on your head when you don't want your brains smeared all over the road. Those that don't have enough brains to wear one, generally don't need to. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the flat black C3 but because I've been riding a lot this spring, it's more the yellowish greenish color of bug guts right now. I'm leaving it that way for conspicuity purposes and it also matches the color of my bug guts colored K16GT. By the way, the red natural color of the bike blends much better with the really squishy ones.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but;

Having a helmet that matches your bike is a lot like a moderately overweight couple wearing the same sweat pants and shirts.

It's right next to having a yipper dog on your lap while driving.

·
Registered
659 Posts
meese said:
It's that thing you wear on your head when you don't want your brains smeared all over the road. Those that don't have enough brains to wear one, generally don't need to. ;)
Yeah...but then again helmets are good if you travel under 35 mph....at hiway speeds they're of questionable value.

·
IBR# 366
16,574 Posts
Reid said:
Yeah...but then again helmets are good if you travel under 35 mph....at hiway speeds they're of questionable value.
Says who? Prove it, please. :)

I put my GT down at "highway speeds" and my helmet looked like it had been nailed with a power grinder all across the chin and up the side. Ripped the shield right off of it, too.

And yet my head was perfectly fine. In fact, every piece of armor I was wearing did its job and sacrificed itself to save me from a whole lot of pain and suffering.

So you may believe helmets and armor are of questionable value, but I know damn well that's just not true.

Then again, it's your head and skin, not mine . . . :cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts