BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the part number for the helmet holder cable listed on the BMW parts fiche and mentioned in my owners handbook? Can see the part on an online fische but it gives no part number for the cable or any of the associated parts.

Regards
Bob

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Bob,
If you email me a USPS pre-paid international Priority Mail label, I will use it to send you the helmet cable.
Tony

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Bob,
You should be able to go to USPS.com and generate a Priority Mail Interntional label with postage for Flat Rate Letter. Once you pay, you can save the label as a PDF and email to me.
PM me and I will give you my address to use as origin and email to send label to.

Easy peasy!

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
Anyone know the part number for the helmet holder cable listed on the BMW parts fiche and mentioned in my owners handbook? Can see the part on an online fische but it gives no part number for the cable or any of the associated parts.

Regards
Bob
I bought two bicycle security cables from Amazon that work great. I got 21" length which work well. A little longer might be slightly better. I think mine were OnGuard Akita brand.

I lost the OEM one, it it was pretty lightweight and. It long enough to handle two helmets well. Having two separate cables is much better if you need to lock two helmets.

·
Registered
183 Posts
you can make this for about $3 from part at tractor supply of lowes.. I made one long enough to go through the sleeve of my jacek and bought a small pad lock.. I have never used it.. but I could if I felt the need

·
Registered
517 Posts
+1 for UncleBud. Made mine up from parts from a local Ace Hardware store for about $5. They work and are there when I need them. Never around here, but if I'm somewhere North of here, we use them. :D

Be safe.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Tony, just been on the USPS web site and the cost appears to be over $40 which is rather "costly" so will pass I am afraid, but thanks for the offer.

Bob

·
Registered
220 Posts
Tony, since Bob declined your offer, I would like to make use of it if it still stands. But I'll trade you. How about two oil seals for the steering damper, or four OE stainless ear clamps for the fuel lines?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts