BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I would like to order the BMW helmet for K1200LT (as per attached picture), any body know where I can get? because I order from BMW agent in Hong Kong, they say stop
product already. or any latest model helmet for K1200LT, please advise.

Many Thanks.

Best Regards,
Danny

Attachments

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
fh8932 said:
Hi Guys,

I would like to order the BMW helmet for K1200LT (as per attached picture), any body know where I can get? because I order from BMW agent in Hong Kong, they say stop
product already. or any latest model helmet for K1200LT, please advise.

Many Thanks.

Best Regards,
Danny
That is a system IV, with the full face section removed and the cheek pads installed to make it into a nice open face. We have these, and are great in the summer, it' only take a couple of Minutes to convert 2 helmets from full face to open face.

I'm guessing a System V will do the same. And yes, they are made by Schubert.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Mike,

I now have a System V and I don´t think they do convert, like, as you say, my old System IV.

I have yet to see a System VI on the road.

Simon

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yep the BMW helmet is a Schuberth. A lot of people say they are the best helmets in the world, I won't disagree it is a good helmet, but I never thought it was worth the money. I think Nolan's are just as good and half the price. Arai makes a good helmet too, but they seem unreasonably expensive too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Guys,

Thank you for all reply and advise.

I check with the agent in Hong Kong, they say the BMW system IV is designed for K1200LT, I also feel the helmet style is very suitable for LT, I can not found half face helmet from the other brand which like the stysle of system IV, therefore any latest model
helmet is speical design for LT.

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards,
Danny
Hong Kong

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
pozo_izquierdo said:
If you can settle for a genuine Schuberth, I use J1 in temperatures -5 -10 C with balaclava. No problems. Vey nice helmet IMHO.
http://www.schuberth.com/en/products/motorrad/j1.html

Regards
I've been drooling over that helmet for sometime! :thumb:

I just can't seem to handle the tunnel vision any more with my full face, especially after wearing my "vintage" gold metal flake Fulmer when riding my 76 Yamaha XS650.

It is SO nice to have full peripheral vision and situational awareness again. I almost think it offsets the negative safety aspects of the open face - especially when riding in city traffic.

The Nolan N43 is high on my list too - what a great design with a removable lexan chin bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Why does your K1200LT need a helmet?

Thanks,ladies and gennelmen. I'll be here all week. Drive safely and please tip your waitress.

Seriously. When I first saw the photo with the rider and passenger wearing those helmets I contacted BMW in an attempt for find out what brand they were and how I could buy one.

Someone form BMW finally responded with a brief message that the photo was taken in Europe and the helmets are not available in the US.

While riding in Canada last summer, I spotted that helmet sitting on a Gold Wing seat at a gas station. I snuck a peek at it and believe that is a Schuberth, which is not available in the US, but can be purchased in Canada.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys,

Thank you for all of your information, now I consider Nolan model N20 traffic,because I feel that style is close to system IV.

Best Regards,
Danny

·
Registered
280 Posts
fh8932 said:
Hi guys,

Thank you for all of your information, now I consider Nolan model N20 traffic,because I feel that style is close to system IV.

Best Regards,
Danny
I received the Scorpion Transformer Helmet EXO 900 for early Christmas gift. It rocks! Three helmets in one and can change in less than one min,
I had to remove some foam from the ear area to place my Autocom speakers in position, but other than that, I love it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Simoncharles,

Thank you for your information.

But the BMW systemIV it seem not same as the photo which I attached.

Regards,
Danny

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I think it is.

The System IV comes with what they call a "Jet Kit", which allows you to remove the part in front of the helmet which swings up and down, converting it into an open faced helmet.

Simon

·
Registered
154 Posts
Stay away from the BMW System V and VI helmets. I own a VI, and used to have a V. They are leaky as fuck on an LT. Fortunately I got a friendly dealer that let me exchange these leaky f*ckers three times in a row... But to no avail.

I don't know if it's the aerodynamics that cause this, but after THREE helmets I decided to give up on BMW helmets. If Schubert helmet == BMW helmet then I won't be using Schubert as well on an LT. Never had a problem with my Nolan N102 on the LT, just the BMW V and VI...

It's rediculous that a 500 euro helmet leaks from the top of the visor, as well as the air vent on top. BMW bikes are great, but the helmets are shit.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I am not saying that Surfman is wrong ( don´t think I dare ! ), and yes, I have heard of the occasional complaint about the System V leaking, but I had a System IV for 8 years without a problem, now have a System V for going on 3 years without a problem and my wife has a System IV for 4 years now, also without a problem.

Do I think the V is better than the IV ?. No, not really. The IV was and is a great helmet.

The only thing is that they are slightly noiser than a normal full faced helmet due to their inherent design, something which the System VI has apparently solved.

As I always use earplugs anyway, for me it isn´t a factor to take into account.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts