BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have narrowed down my new helmet search to these two: The Schuberth C3 Pro and the Shoei Neotec. Any suggestions or experiences? Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have Schuberth c3 & like it (Its my second one)
My wife likes her Nolan. (i know not one of your choices). it fits her head better than the Schuberth of the same size. ( I tell her its because she has such a big head)

Try them on yet?

I think both your choices are good helmets.
I like light color (white, silver) over dark (black, red) to reflect the sun's heat.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If those are at your local dealer, ask to take each for a short ride.
Get to hwy speed and check comfort, visibility and noise.

I have a C3 and C3 pro. Both size LG each fit just a little different.
Have also have a Shoei RF1000 and like it too.

Ken

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Helmet Advice

I tried on the Schubert, large fit nice. Waiting for dealer to get a neotec in

Thanks for the input

Steve

·
Registered
739 Posts

I went with a Nolan for very wide viewing angles to the sides and in the front as well as providing the protection I wanted. I use a modular helmet. Then, I put a Nolan Bluetooth system in it, which is working out well for my uses. I removed the radio from my bike and am enjoying the extra space in my new glove compartment.

Try some helmets on and see which one fits your head shape the best. The helmet should feel tight at first but not so tight that you would get a headache.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a C3 and I like it but I deplore that the screen does not stay open at speed.
So in summer I don't use it but an open face helmet.

Bruno

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the C3 Pro and love it. The helmet fits be great and I'm able to wear it for lengthy periods of time (6-7 hours) without any discomfort. I also use their SRC comm system which also gets high marks.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Wife and I like our Shoei Neotec's. Have had them for three years.
We've had ours at least 3 years also and really like them. I'll add that if you're interested in Bluetooth, the Sena can mount using the clamp kit and I hear the C3 pro is harder to do or needs the glue kit.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Having just purchased a KLIM I will add my two cents into this thread. You need to take some time with the helmet on your head. If it is not tight at first you have too big a helmet. I f it kills you head try a larger one. On most major brands the top liner and the cheek pads can be changed for a different size.
Questions how is the helmet fastened to your head? Does it have a quick release or does it use D rings? Are speaker pockets deep enough for your speakers or are you going to have to cut deeper pockets? Is there enough room for the mic? The best quality helmet is the one that fits your head.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you have to have a modular? If you don't, then it is hard to beat the craftsmanship, engineering and thought that goes into Arai's stuff.

Intercoms sort of negate the need for the modular, unless you want to flip up the helmet when riding at slow speed or in hot weather (which seems appealing but is a pretty bad idea on both accounts).

To say nothing of the fact that modulars can only muster DOT approval (as a basketball cut in half and stuffed with used car wash sponges probably could as well), and are left wanting on SNELL approval. A whole 'nother can of worms in some circles.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I was thinking modular more for the ease of putting the helmet on and then dropping the front. And the ability to lift the front and talk to the guys in my group without removing the entire helmet.

·
Registered
453 Posts

I used a System Helmet (Flip / Modular - call it what you want!) a Shoei Multitech, then switched to an Arai full face.

As soon as I can I will be dropping the full face and switch back to the system helmets, probably the Neotech or its replacement if it is available when I am in the market.

Nothing per se wrong with the Arai, however the devil is always in the details. I have only once been requested by PC Plod to do a breath test - no problem with system helmets, you need to take a full face off. Same goes for going through the UK border control - they need to know every detail about you. Make sure you are you, why you are coming / leaving the UK etc. (Please leave all BREXIT comments aside, this is pre-referendum, post referendum it has not become any easier.)

It is significantly easier in getting the helmet on & off. I wear glasses so take the helmet off, with a system helmet - just pop it off. With a full face I need to take glasses off, then helmet off.

·
Registered
233 Posts

I was thinking modular more for the ease of putting the helmet on and then dropping the front. And the ability to lift the front and talk to the guys in my group without removing the entire helmet.
That's what I thought then I realized I'd rather have a helmet that goes on a little harder if it doesn't open on it's own. Besides I never talk to anyone til I stop and get off. I've been wearing Shoei RF-xxx forever.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think I have narrowed down my new helmet search to these two: The Schuberth C3 Pro and the Shoei Neotec. Any suggestions or experiences? Thanks
I love my Schuberth C3 except for one fault--the visor detents are weak and it keeps slamming shut, even behind the fully extended screen of my 2016 RT. It gets very stuffy inside, so I normally ride around in mild weather with the visor just cracked open to the first or second notch.

The visor problem drove me nuts, so I went online and found this solution: a couple of ordinary O-rings of just the right size on either side of the visor pivot points, sandwiched in between the helmet itself and the visor. It looks very ugly, but it adds just the right amount of drag to the opening and closing of the visor that it stays put wherever it is adjusted to.

I'm hoping the next gen. (C4?) will resolve this issue.

Regards,

--Radix

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you're looking at the C3 Pro, you might wait to check out the C4 Pro (RevZilla is telling me mine will ship end of the month). A colleague of mine has a C3 Pro and swears by the thing. The C4 Pro has integrated Sena, so you don't get noise with stuff hanging off your helmet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
739 Posts
Do you have to have a modular? If you don't, then it is hard to beat the craftsmanship, engineering and thought that goes into Arai's stuff.

Intercoms sort of negate the need for the modular, unless you want to flip up the helmet when riding at slow speed or in hot weather (which seems appealing but is a pretty bad idea on both accounts).

To say nothing of the fact that modulars can only muster DOT approval (as a basketball cut in half and stuffed with used car wash sponges probably could as well), and are left wanting on SNELL approval. A whole 'nother can of worms in some circles.
Hi, are you still in the ICT? I am.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts