BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Between Montreal & Ottawa...

starky said:
Just thought I'd add a hello.
I am going to pick up my bike in a week or so from a dealer in Rochester, NY.
Hey me sun, stay where yer at, I'll come to where yer too...O.K. I'm not a real 'baysman' but spent a year in Labrador City working for IOC and have some wonderful memories.
Living in Alexandria, Ont. now but born in N.S. so I am a 'bluenoser' by birth.

Question for Starky...been looking to buy a '05LT and the selection is pretty thin north of the border. Whats the deal on buying one in the States??
Jim

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well Alexandria Ontario is not very close to anywhere and not far from somewhere...especially if I'm ridin :).
I'm hoping to do a little 'season strech' this winter. I bought a 'toy trailer', enclosed motorcycle trailer to hopefully head south in late March/early April to the first place that has clean snow free roads, unload and ride, ride, ride. Maybe catch the Smokey Mtns. for a day or two...

Jim W.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Back in the saddle agin....

Well 'Realwing' you have picked quite a lot of bike to climb back on after 2 decades away from the sport. You are aware I'm sure of the tremendous advances in technology since 1986...None of which have addressed the one thing you WILL notice about the LT....all 800+ pounds of it. Be cautious...
I sold the GL1800 'cause I just got tired of the weight. It was a non-issue above 15mhp but I could maneuver around in my garage at that speed so it was always a threat...
I test drove both the LT and the RT and although the SO voted for the LT, she was still happy on the RT. And since I was the one that had to get it on and off the trailer, in and out of the garage, maneuver it around the parking lots, cottage lawns, gravel driveways, etc, etc. I won :).
Enjoy the ride and welcome back to the 2 wheel group!!

Jim W.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.