BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Hello

Tags
1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  JimHayes 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I just bought a 2015 R1200 RT a month ago and have about 1,000 miles on it. Just love the bike! I have lurked here for a couple of weeks and thought it was time to say hello.

I've been riding since 1968 on, in sequence, a BSA Starfire 250, Triumph 500, BMW R60/5 (many many miles before it was stolen), Yamaha V Star 650 and 1100, Harley Ultra Classic, Suzuki V Strom 650. The new RT is by far the most enjoyable motorcycle I've owned and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this forum.

My wife call's the bike "Jeremy's Last Motorcycle". She may be right!

#5 ·
Welcome to the camp, Jeremy. If you've been lurking here you probably already know that this is a great place to get answers, feedback, insight, ideas, opinions and general discussion - of varying value.

I know what you're going through on the bike. My wife referred to my RT as my last motorcycle when I bought it in 2009. It was, until I found my '73 /5 as a renovation project. My RT has been a wonderful bike and I have no need or plans to replace it - until it hits 100K miles in a couple of years, then I might try sending out some gentle feelers across the dining table ...

JayJay

#6 ·
Cool!

I have been riding starting on a BMW R60/2 in Madison in 1967. Then I went on to an R75/5, R90/6, R80RT, R100RT, R1100RT, '04 R1150RT, '07 R1200RT, and 2015 R1200RT.

You are going to love your '15 RT more and more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.