BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Not to be a bother, but I bought a 2003 K1200LTC today! My first BMW purchase. Just wanted to say hello and that I'm looking forward to being a member on this site.

Also, any advice that anyone would like to share to a newbie about the brand or ownership would be appreciated!

Thanks to all!

·
IBR# 366
16,542 Posts
Welcome, Brian.

Take some time to poke around the site and read the various forums. You'll notice a Technical link in the upper left corner of every page, where you can find our FAQ and Hall of Wisdom. Not all of it will make sense just yet, but it's worth some time just to see what's in there. You'll also find the Accessories page there, but we can't be responsible for what happens after you read through that. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Meese! I bought it with tons of farkles already. Navigation, intercom, cd changer, etc... lot of stuff. The only real suprise so far was the smoke on startup and the XL Jpegs being way too long for my legs. I will search the FAQ section as well.

I am also a member of the FJR1300 forum as I own one of them as well. Wonderful motor, but lacking compared to the BMW's attributes for long distances and all around luxury.

Anyway, thanks again for welcoming me.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
blavenia said:
Thanks Meese! I bought it with tons of farkles already. Navigation, intercom, cd changer, etc... lot of stuff. The only real suprise so far was the smoke on startup and the XL Jpegs being way too long for my legs. I will search the FAQ section as well.

I am also a member of the FJR1300 forum as I own one of them as well. Wonderful motor, but lacking compared to the BMW's attributes for long distances and all around luxury.

Anyway, thanks again for welcoming me.
Welcome to the blwLt site

park it on the center stand and it won't smoke when you start it up, or just shut it off and wait a minute before you lean it over on the side stand, all four cyl's are on the left side of the bike so the oil drains off into the cyl than it smokes when you start it.

don't pay attention to meese he is trading off for a GT
<grin>
Tom

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
blavenia said:
Hey all. Not to be a bother, but I bought a 2003 K1200LTC today! My first BMW purchase. Just wanted to say hello and that I'm looking forward to being a member on this site.

Also, any advice that anyone would like to share to a newbie about the brand or ownership would be appreciated!

Thanks to all!
Greetings, Brian. We're glad you're here.

As previously suggested, search the K1200LT forum (and other forums) for several good bits of advice on starting out with the LT. I think if you search for "handlebar straight" you'll find threads that discuss the top 5 (or more) tips on the LT.

And it was no bother at all! :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome

I just picked up an LT a week ago, and love it too. This is a great site, with so much information. I check it all the time, and thoroughly enjoy it. Good luck with your ride!
Les

1 - 7 of 7 Posts