BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum, new owner of 2009 R1200RT we picked up last summer for two-up touring. That's us below on a Central California backroad last weekend.

Aside from that hideous seat, we are really enjoying this bike!

I look forward to perusing this site, and especially to learn about technical aspects of this motorcycle.

Thanks for reading me.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
There is some wonderful riding around there. I had a friend who use to live in La Honda. Perfect bike for it too. Ted Porter (and his shop) is in your area if you ever need help with your bike. A good guy.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will find many useful facts and ideas. Not to mention all the farkels you can get to make the journey more comfortable. :bmw:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome Steve and congrats on your purchase... Did you buy your bike from BMW Santa Cruz? Good bunch of guys I brought my new LT from them. Very satisfied. And I drive the 80 miles for servicing even though there is a closer dealer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Motech (Steve): Welcome to the forum. I am new here myself. I live in Santa Cruz as well and just purchased a 2011 R1200RT from BMW of Santa Cruz. We have some awesome riding roads in our area, huh? Highway 9, Skyline Blvd, Hwy 1, Hwy 236, Old San Jose Road, Bear Creek Road and lots, lots more. Let me know if you want to go riding sometime.

Eddybilt: It is awesome to see such kind words said about BMW of Santa Cruz. The RT that I just bought from them is my second BMW bike purchased from them in the past couple of years. They are an awesome dealer with superb personalized customer service in Sales, Parts & Service. Stuart, the owner of the dealership, took personal care of me when I bought my RT. I couldn't be happier. While I am lucky to have them as my local dealer (only about 15 miles away), like you, I would gladly drive 80 miles to them to buy a bike from them or get it serviced.

Andrew

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome to the group, you'll find lots of good stuff here; most are informative, some are funny, but always good. Enjoy the new scooter and be safe out there!
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts