BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

finally after more then 20 yrs. riding goldwings, I changed and recently bought a 2002 LT :wave

Hope it was the right decision :)

Anyway, nice to be here and I am pretty sure I will find a lot of informations here on the forum, those will be helpfull for me.

More information and pictures will follow later.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a few information about myself.
51 yrs young, married with a lovely lady :)
Administrator and Chairman of the MTCE - Motorcycle Touring Club Europe

Well and here is my new toy. Picked it up in the UK, in the area of Bristol (Wales) two weeks ago. the following picture was taken - of course - in the Netherlands :bmw:

my old GW 1500 Se - Mod. 93

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hallo Rudy

and welcome to the asylum, as some older members like to call this forum:p

You will find answers to any possible LT-question here.

I would like to invite you to our http://sites.google.com/a/bmwkltibmixof.com/deutsch/
but I understand that this might be on a too short notice, but we do have accommodation available if you get interested. In any case we have more than 20 Germans attending so you guys are well represented.:)

Best regards

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Hi Rudy,

and welcome to the forum. Take a look in the Europe forum, you just missed a little get together we had over here in the UK. Some fellow countrymen came over from Germany to attend. Maybe you can join them next year.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Welcome aboard Rudy! You can find answers to any question you may have on the LT on this Site! And I know it may be short notice for this year, and a fair distance, but do check out the CCR Forum to get a feel of our International Rally we hold every year here in the States.

http://www.curvecowboyreunion.com/CCR2009/index.php

John

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Welcome, to the site. I bought my 2002 new and still love riding it every day. Thought about getting a newer one but this one is just too good a ride. In 40 years of riding this is the best bike I've ever owned.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Willkommen!

Winghunter said:
Hi guys,

finally after more then 20 yrs. riding goldwings, I changed and recently bought a 2002 LT :wave

Hope it was the right decision :)

Anyway, nice to be here and I am pretty sure I will find a lot of informations here on the forum, those will be helpfull for me.

More information and pictures will follow later.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Hello from sunny Florida...........You did not go wrong. Use to ride wings too, then I got smart..........;)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Guten Tag, und ein herzliches Willkommen!

Offensichtlich ist dein englisch ausgezeichnet. :) Solltest du aber mal ein anliegen haben bei dem dir ein ehemaliger Bremer helfen kann, lass mich wissen.

Mit besten Grüssen,

Wolfgang

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Nice garage of yours, enjoy the new toy and ride it like you stole it, this is the only thing you couldn't do with your 'Wing :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome!
We love your little corner of the world, my wife is from Lindau so we go there every couple of years.
Hope you enjoy the LT.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I think the only problem with having a BMW in Bavaria is getting parts ! :D

The local dealer will have to say they're coming from the U.S.
Cause he can't say it takes three weeks to get them from Germany...:rotf:

Welcome to the Forum/assylum...

Enjoy your LT.

John

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Wolfgang said:
Guten Tag, und ein herzliches Willkommen!

Offensichtlich ist dein englisch ausgezeichnet. :) Solltest du aber mal ein anliegen haben bei dem dir ein ehemaliger Bremer helfen kann, lass mich wissen.

Mit besten Grüssen,

Wolfgang
Hey! Can Wolfgang post this on the forum? Must have been good he put a smiley face in the text!

If he said, Welcome and you made the right choice to go with the LT then I agree completely. This thing is as fun as a crotch rocket and a WHOLE lot more comfortable! I've probably owned 30 bikes over the years and when I have to replace Miss Aubergine it will be with another LT! I hope they are still available if that day comes.

Great bike! A blast to ride, fun to work on (if you have dedicated shop space with a lift and you aren't in a hurry), and just a pleasure to own. I just finished my 12K service this afternoon. Next time will be sooooooo much easier.

Enjoy,

Loren

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Hey! Can Wolfgang post this on the forum? Must have been good he put a smiley face in the text!

If he said, Welcome and you made the right choice to go with the LT then I agree completely. This thing is as fun as a crotch rocket and a WHOLE lot more comfortable! I've probably owned 30 bikes over the years and when I have to replace Miss Aubergine it will be with another LT! I hope they are still available if that day comes.

Great bike! A blast to ride, fun to work on (if you have dedicated shop space with a lift and you aren't in a hurry), and just a pleasure to own. I just finished my 12K service this afternoon. Next time will be sooooooo much easier.

Enjoy,

Loren
Ok, point taken, not fair to post something not everyone can read. Here you go:

Good day, and a heartfelt welcome. Obviously your english is outstanding :) But should you ever need anything that a former countryman from Bremen can help you with, let me know.

With best regards,

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Huh! So you say Wolfgang! I think we should hire an interpreter certified to practice at the UN!!!!!! :D :D :D

I envy both of you your bi-lingual (multi-lingual?) talents! I only wish I could communicate with my Russian speaking patients just a tiny bit as well as you guys can switch between English and German!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Wolfgang said:
Ok, point taken, not fair to post something not everyone can read. Here you go:

Good day, and a heartfelt welcome. Obviously your english is outstanding :) But should you ever need anything that a former countryman from Bremen can help you with, let me know.

With best regards,
Hey Wolgang, You keep posting in German, I need all the practice I can get. spoken only a little German in the last 30 years, so need to brush up as my family history research is now mainly in German archives.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guys, thanks for all your warm welcome greetings.

I apologize not beeing in for a longer time but that had a reason.

As you guys can realise on my signature I do belong to the Motorcycle Touring Club Europe. In September we celebrated our "End of Season Meeting" in the Trentino region - Italy. On the third day of our Meeting we have lost three of our British Members and of course very close friends to me and many of us in the MTCE, in a horrible accident. :(

Due to the upcoming funerals in the UK and due to the reason that our Club had a very difficult time to pass, I had not the head to be active in another forum.

Guess you understand this well.

Since we have our 2010 Meetings planned, I would like to let you know that guest are always welcome to join our Meetings around Europe.

I will give you some more details in the "European Section"

Thanks guys and stay save.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Rudy,

Very sorry to hear about the accident and the loss of your friends. The thoughts and prayers of myself and the rest of the members of this forum go with you. We all know the risks that come with the enjoyment.

As Wolfgang said, your English is outstanding; far better than my German, although it was good to still be able to read most of what Wolfgang wrote. As to having him repost in American english, isn't this the web? Do we not have translation pages all over? While this is not Google Wave, anybody who wants to can find them.

Enjoy the LT. Many of us do. It has some quirks, but its also the best touring bike, and for its size, it handles whatever the road gives us. Nimble is the word that comes to mind, at least for a 380 Kg bike. Two up or my myself, I do love this bike.

Bil

1 - 20 of 25 Posts