BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been quite a while since I have posted, but I still keep up with the goin’s on around here. .

2009 and 2010 have been a couple of challenging years for many of us and I certainly was not an exception. The general downturn in the economy made it tough and my business, being directly dependent on retail sales of consumer electronics, has been very slow to turn back around.

Last year we also lost a very close personal friend and friend to this community. I still find it difficult to accept that Jeff is gone. These events had a very severe impact on my time and even desire to participate in these forums. Despite the personal challenges, I have remained quite active at the management of our community as well as continuing as an active member of the Curve Cowboy Reunion board of directors. The health and growth of this community as well as the Reunion we started several years earlier remain very important to me.

The good news is that 2011 seems to be showing slow but steady signs of improvement. I was able to replace the GS that I sold late in 2009 and I am back to riding frequently. I just wanted to let all of you know that I am still very invested in this community and despite my somewhat limited participation I am available at any time via PM or email if there is ever anything that needs addressing in this community – or if you have any suggestions as to improvements. While I keep a close eye on things and with incredible help from Andy, keep the services up and running, I want to thank all of the Moderators, who have done such a great job at the day to day operations of this community.
I miss being able to hang out here on a regular basis, and hope that things will settle to the point that I can get back to it.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Randy;

Glad to hear from you, I was startin' to get a little weak in the knees myself. It'll come back........Keep the faith......and I'm looking forward to meeting you out there some where...........jim

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Randy,

Thanks for the post. And a great big thanks for all that you do for this community.
Your efforts are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Great to hear from you.

"Whatever does not kill you makes you stronger"

Yes, the last few years have been challenging, but compared to most folks around the world we still live a blessed life. Next time I am in Denver to see my daughter and family I like to look you up.

Take care, and thanks for the work you do for all of us. :)

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Good to hear that things are maybe on the turn around for you Randy. And I know Jeff would have wanted you to continue to keep the faith with the community here as well as CCR!

John

·
Registered
832 Posts
Thanks Randy! Good to hear from you. Take care and keep hanging in there. Keith

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Randy , Glad to hear things are looking up for you.
See ya in Boise. I'll be the one on a K1600GTL :bike:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Randy

Good to see that things are turning around for you!
Good luck at anything you do.

Garry

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Randy
Glad you are back and replaced your GS. I gotta ask, what did you get in its place? I like looking at everybody's bikes.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Hi Randy,

Good to hear from you. As far as this recession thing goes; well, since 2007 I have not been in the sidelines... Like you, I am in the game! :rolleyes: It feels like things are turning around though, so see you again at CCR!

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Oops. You just reminded me that I need to send you another subscription check
to replace the one that got shredded....

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tazz56 said:
Hi Randy
Glad you are back and replaced your GS. I gotta ask, what did you get in its place? I like looking at everybody's bikes.
Nothing like being late to reply. I am amazed at how quickly time slips by when the work days are long.;)

I am back on another GS. In 2008 I had a GS, a VMax, an S and a GT. As times got tough I decided to sell the GS since there was an individual who wanted to duplicate my trip to the Arctic Circle I had made the previous summer. I didn't realize at the time just how much I liked that bike. I also knew that a redesigned GS was on the horizon and planned on picking one up. I ended up selling the GT and the S with the hopes of replacing the GS, but it just never happened. I hung on to the the VMax, just because I loved to look at it and I had waited so long to get it. I ended up at CCR last year on the VMax and and realized that I really needed to get something that I could put miles on. I was uncomfortable making even a hundred mile trip on the VMax because that was about as far as it could go on a tank of gas. I sold the VMax in February and got a new R1200GS Adventure in March.

It is great fun to have a number of bikes to choose among, but for sheer practicality, you really can't beat the GS. It is a rugged and dependable workhorse of a friend and I am very glad to be back on one.

While I am only a couple of thousand miles in on the new GS, I am truly lovin' it. I am hoping to plan another long adventure for the summer of 2012. I figured I should get it in before the world ends in December :histerica

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
garry_kramer said:
Randy

Good to see that things are turning around for you!
Good luck at anything you do.

Garry
Thanks Garry. Michelle and I are anxious to get back up to Canada.

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
katnapinn said:
Randy , Glad to hear things are looking up for you.
See ya in Boise. I'll be the one on a K1600GTL :bike:
You know, that is just plain mean :rotf:

I'll be the one who has been on one, but will still be looking forward to gettin' one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts