BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Thought it should be about time i joined the forums ... i have owned bmw bikes for about two-three years now...
I started with a K1100LT , 95-96 i believe ... as great as it was it started to deteriate and became too costly and consequently now sits rotting on my drive.

Instead i now ride a 2001 K1200LT LUX+, it really is my pride and joy, im a young rider .. 24 years old infact ... but contrary to common belief you really do not have to be "Over the hill" to appreciate a bike like the K series.

I could rabbit on all day about these bikes but im sure many of my opinions are your own also, i just came to say hi and so ... Hello :)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the mad house.

You just missed a meet in Saltburn, not many, bout 15 over the weekend, but nice to meet other riders.

Lots of very clever people on here (not me), and know how to fix most things on our bikes, so a search of the forums is always a great starting point.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Welcome, post a pic of your bike when you can..

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Hey! Careful with that "Over the hill" stuff you whippersnapper! :troll:

Welcome to the forum!

Oh, to be 24 years old again........ Nah, sometimes old is good.

Loren

Alexseuk said:
Greetings,

Thought it should be about time i joined the forums ... i have owned bmw bikes for about two-three years now...
I started with a K1100LT , 95-96 i believe ... as great as it was it started to deteriate and became too costly and consequently now sits rotting on my drive.

Instead i now ride a 2001 K1200LT LUX+, it really is my pride and joy, im a young rider .. 24 years old infact ... but contrary to common belief you really do not have to be "Over the hill" to appreciate a bike like the K series.

I could rabbit on all day about these bikes but im sure many of my opinions are your own also, i just came to say hi and so ... Hello :)

·
Miles of Smiles
1,054 Posts
" What Hill "
" What Boat "
" What Did He Say "
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Welcome

·
Registered
550 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Hey! Careful with that "Over the hill" stuff you whippersnapper! :troll:

Welcome to the forum!

Oh, to be 24 years old again........ Nah, sometimes old is good.

Loren
What I couldn't do to that 24 year old body in 24 hrs........Those were the days! ;)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Welcome to the group from an "over the hill" rider :histerica

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
:waveHowdy

Two symptoms of being "over the hill"

1) Loss of short term memory

2) Something else..... but I can't seem to remember it. :histerica

Chris Ogle...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Welcome to the forum...spend some time reading from the Hall of Wisdom it will give you a great foundation. Also, just curious...isn't it true that to a 24 year old anyone over 40 is over the hill? :stir:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wrmoss said:
Welcome to the forum...spend some time reading from the Hall of Wisdom it will give you a great foundation. Also, just curious...isn't it true that to a 24 year old anyone over 40 is over the hill? :stir:
Yes that would be a correct aproxamation... but according to previous poster I myself am already over the hill , due to a lack of short term memory ;)

*heads off to hall of wisdom*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts