BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
My name is Nick and I just wanted to introduce myself. This is my first post, though I must confess I’ve been lurking around the site for about a year. I fell in love with the K1200LT the first time I saw one and quickly set my sights on owning one. Last September, after about a four year hiatus from riding, my wife and I found a 2002 K1200LT for sale in Dallas. It turned out that the original owner lived here in Amarillo, so I was able to contact him and learn a little about the bike’s history.

I thought I was a pretty experienced rider, but I found there’s a bit of a learning curve to an 850 pound top-heavy motorcycle. It requires extra attention at slow speeds, but on twisty roads it can read my mind. I like to do my own maintenance, and without the help of this website, I wouldn’t have the courage. So, THANK YOU ALL for the knowledge and experience you have shared on these pages. I always try searching before I ask questions, and so far every question I’ve had about the bike has been asked and answered at least once. I really can’t say enough about how helpful this place is. I only hope that one day I can return the favor.

See you down the road,
Nick

·
Registered
832 Posts
Just wanted to say a quick - WELCOME!

·
Registered
325 Posts
That seems to be the story of most of the people here. WE are all people who needs help, needed help or wants to help!
Welcome
Larry

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello Nick! Guess I'm no longer the rookie on this site! :) I joined just a couple weeks ago. You're in my neck of the woods, too; I'm in Santa Fe, NM; have a dad in Santa Rosa and an aunt in Amarillo. I agree with your assessment of the site; it' been good for me, too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nick,

We were all "you" at some point.....new LT owners....lots of questions. Just ride your bike.....and ask the questions. Folks here have lots of answers.

Enjoy!

JD

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
lkniess said:
That seems to be the story of most of the people here. WE are all people who needs [sic] help.....!
Larry
Hey, I resemble that remark!
However, I've been told I'm beyond help. ;)

Warm welcome to the new K1200LT owner. It is a wonderful motorcycle, enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome and "what he said" and "he said"...........

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Welcome aboard Nick, we will look forward to hearing from you. We get input on this forum from the far corners of the world, great folks, all of them. :wave

·
Super Moderator
1,404 Posts
Been lurking here for 9 years and have not found my way out yet . . . welcome aboard!

Been without a dealer for the last 6 years and this site and especially its members have allowed me to keep the bike upright and running. :)

The bike only visited the dealer once at 600 miles. Just bought my second TL and look forward to many more years of sharing and collaborating!! :D

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Nick,

Welcome from one of the needy! Read and enjoy... A lot of knowledge here on the bikes and many things in general.

·
Registered
198 Posts
With the remarks about shared knowledge here......I'm reminded of a saying used by the local Unitarian Church in their promotional material......

"If you have questions.....we have answers.....
if you have answers.....we have questions...."

I always liked that.......and it seems to be what goes on around here....and that's a good thing.

JD

·
Registered
929 Posts
Welcome aboard Nick...a better sight I have not found. Your story is our story. Enjoy that ride and ride safe...but FAST. :)

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Welcome,

This site has helped me many times. You can find a lot of answers to your questions in the archives. If you can't find answers there, these guys are awesome at answering questions.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome to the asylum!! This place is better than any manual ever could be! I hope you get as much satisfaction from your LT as I get from mine....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts