BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

hello all.. been awhile

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Handlebar 
#1 ·
just wanted to check in.. i see there is a new k1600glt.. website dont list may options.. and whats standard.. cruise, heated grops/seats, 'lectric windshield,stereo, power ports etc..
how everyone been..gotta lookup my bmwmoa number too, lol .. think its 125650..i do remember my iron butt association # 22972..:)
is the curve cowboy reunions still going and i miss the lt..
Hbar

#4 ·
I think that we are a friendly bunch - Welcome back - For some reason, the "mod" like to keep the K1600 threads isolated and not part of the Recent Threads section..

Lots of info on the K1600GTL/GT below and on another forum devoted to just the K1600.

#5 ·
Happy new year Handle Bar! I am new to this forum, where have you been? What have you been riding. I moved to the GTL in May from a 1999 Lt which I bought new. Loved the LT but the GTL is a whole new experience with lots of "Vrooom" and great all round performance and handling. Added a few items to the GTL, new CalSci wind screen and a real horn, but the overall impression is an exhilarating ride. Recommended highly. :bmw:

#7 ·
All the early delivery GTL's were fully loaded. I think it's all needed, down to the fused battery link on the seat bottom right. Driving lights are great. Threads here suggest that the blue tooth com. system is big, but I have not gotten there yet, plan to. Burned one set of Metzelers off, working on the second. Will likely try Michelin Pilots next. Frozen in rite now in the great white north, but plan to bust out in February, get down south to see some desert. Love the bike. Soooooooo what are you riding now ? Still dragging your Iron Butt around?
:bmw:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.