BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced them with good ones. They were reading 9 Ohms on the meter before installation. They don't heat. I checked the fuse it was OK and was replaced with a 7.5Amp instead of 4 A by the last owner. I used the 4 A but still nothing. Can someone provide the electrical drawing so I start from their source? I don't want to remove all the tupperware to find it by chasing wires.
Thanks

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,258 Posts
Here is an overview and two close ups for wire colors.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
I have replaced them with good ones. They were reading 9 Ohms on the meter before installation. They don't heat. I checked the fuse it was OK and was replaced with a 7.5Amp instead of 4 A by the last owner. I used the 4 A but still nothing. Can someone provide the electrical drawing so I start from their source? I don't want to remove all the tupperware to find it by chasing wires.
Thanks
Did the replaced grip set die due to a short circuit? With the 7.5 A fuse, the current allowed during a short would have been nearly twice what BMW intended with the 4 A protection. You may have overheated a wire and shorted it somewhere along the path. You may have to trace the wires from fuse to switch to grip to find the problem. I would do this piece-wise and check for voltage downstream of the switch first and then work towards the grips.

Are both grips failing to heat?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts