BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a used heated pillion seat for my 2000 K1200LT Icon. (no heated seats on the Icon).

The one I was given had ripped vinyl so I pulled both seats apart and put the heated foam from the donor seat into my original seat.

I've parked the bike for the winter and don't want to run the battery down just to check the switch positions. So what are the switch positions?

Middle - off?
Toggle forward - high?
Toggle rearward - low?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
700 Posts
You have it correct.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I remembered it a bit differently, so checked my manual.
Center is off, but forward position is "Continuous heating" (which I believe is temperature regulated); and the aft position is "Rapid heating"

Manual says to use the rapid heating and then switch to the "Continuous heating" mode.

When I bought the bike on a January day a couple of years ago, I rode it home the 30 miles or so in the "Rapid heating" mode. I didn't have a manual and didn't realize there was 3 positions.

It can get uncomfortably hot in the that mode.

Jim H.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
That is correct...

front = low heat

center= off

rear = high heat

Ron

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
jrh2020 said:
I remembered it a bit differently, so checked my manual.
Center is off, but forward position is "Continuous heating" (which I believe is temperature regulated); and the aft position is "Rapid heating"Jim H.
That is what my 2004 Rider's Manual says A (forward) continuous heating, B (center) heating function Off, C (rear) rapid heating. It also says. Use the seat heating only when necessary. The increase in power consumption can cause the battery to discharge at low engine speeds.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Curtis,

My book says the same thing, I always thought The "A" or forward position was "HI", now I am confused between "Continuous" and "Rapid" (pos "B"). I would think "Rapid" would be high. :confused: Guess I have been doing it bassackwards (story of my life :histerica ). Usually when my bride gets warm enough, we just switch it off so it is kind of a moot point. BTW, I also found that the back rest heat cuts off automatically at 122 f . She really likes that feature. I know you said you got the pillion seat, but you ought to treat your bride to the heated back rest, it will get you lots of points :cool:

Merry Christmas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts