BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my smart tire install I was thinking about piggybacking the heated seat for the power. I pulled on the wires a little becuase they were as tight as a guitar string, to see if i would be able to get a connector on the wire. I choose not to use this connection due to how tight the wires are and how thin they are.

Now that the bike is back together the seats do not work, either one. I check voltage on with the switch on and off, I get nothing. Is there a fuse in line somewhere I may have blown while messing around with these wires? I took all the plastic off and tank and the wires go right into the box with some relays in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
lstinthot said:
During my smart tire install I was thinking about piggybacking the heated seat for the power. I pulled on the wires a little becuase they were as tight as a guitar string, to see if i would be able to get a connector on the wire. I choose not to use this connection due to how tight the wires are and how thin they are.

Now that the bike is back together the seats do not work, either one. I check voltage on with the switch on and off, I get nothing. Is there a fuse in line somewhere I may have blown while messing around with these wires? I took all the plastic off and tank and the wires go right into the box with some relays in it.

Any help would be appreciated.
There is a fuse for the heated seats. On my '99, it is the third fuse from the top in the farthest left fuse block, under the passengers seat. Just raise the driver seat and you should see 3 boxes. Left side as you sit on the bike. HTH.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check this when I get home, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the fuse. Thank you I was not sure where the fuse boxes were, if they were a snake they would have bit me. It is amazing how much enjoyment comes out of those delicate wires. The heated seats are a must have around here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts