BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't think my heated seats are working correctly, or even at all. Can't tell if they get warm or it's the heat from my hand. So started doing some troubleshooting (newer bike, 851 miles) and located the fuse panel. The manual (Clymer) says it's fuse block 2, and it's fuse #5 and that it should be a 15 amp fuse.
When I look at mine, someone (???) has overwritten the label and changed the fuse to a 10 amp, and in fact it's a 10 amp in the block. It's not blown, but I haven't tested to see if I have any power at the connector for the rear seat yet.
Anyone else with a 10 amp? or is there some tech playing a stupid trick or?????
I seem to get no, or very little heat on both seats and nothing on the backrest. They never get hot, or really even warm.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have found the Clymer lay out of fuses is not always correct. Maybe just check for power where the harness plugs into seats. If no power from there, just check the fuses, all of them to see if you have a blown one. No sense in driving half an hour to have a dealer change a fuse if that's all it is.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,110 Posts
On the 05 and up the seats are on Fuse box II, Fuse F13 (7.5 amp) and the grips are on Fuse Box I, F8 (4 amp).

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
you need to use an in-line amp meter to check the watt/amperage draw.
Or take it to the dealer after you acertain the fuses are ok, see Johns post...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,110 Posts
I found a fuse box lable for the05 and up and it differs from the schematic diagram (BMW official).

The seats are on fuse F5 not F13 (there is no F13)

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's what my book has also, except the fuse block 2 is on the throttle side. although the diagram shows the bike front but the description of each fuse says "left side". Nice way to make it confusing!!!!
But again the label says 15amp, and someone wrote 10amp over it, and it's got a 10amp.

Not that this really matters now, as I've confirmed power to the connector for the rear seat. And the switch works as it energizes different wires. But still no heat to either of the three seat parts.

Off to the dealer!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts