BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys I have a 2008 LT and the grips are a bit worn.Can i just cut them off carefully or are the heater elements in the grips or underneath Many thanks guys

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
or fit grip puppies over the top, heat still works

·
Registered
689 Posts
+1 on the grip puppies. They even feel better than the factory grips. Buy a set and try them, they're $20 and take 5 minutes to put on.

·
Registered
425 Posts
+1 on the grip puppies. They even feel better than the factory grips. Buy a set and try them, they're $20 and take 5 minutes to put on.
Leave the old grips and just spray inside the grip puppies (Beemerboneyard sells something similar for about $10) and the old grips with Windex and they should slide right over the old ones... They will dry within 24 hours (or even shorter on a hot summers day in the sun). They feel great. Much better than the OEM grips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it possible to remove them using an air hose like on a dirt bike or will that damage the heating elements? I have a set that is torn on the end but the heat still works.

I replace them all the time on dirt bikes by pushing high pressure air into the edge of the grip. They slide right off and back on. Very easy. No chemicals.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
no

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,988 Posts
I buy tennis racket handle wrap at Dick's Sporting Goods with the large black rubber band sleeve. I like the larger diameter, the firm feel & grip it gives me.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
That's what I do. Been doing that since I bought the LT. The P Owner had done that. So I went to Dicks like you do. Found the Slazenger tennis racket grip tape he used. I replace the tape once a year. And it's like I have new grips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts