BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and an advanced search, but didn't find anything - odd. Heated grips quit working, fuse is OK, so using Clymers, going to check the plugs. Before I start tearing everything apart, does anyone know off the top of their head, where that is? Looks to be at the handle bar mount, but thought I'd check first. Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
656 Posts
I would check the switch first could be the contacts are screwed up. Also before that I would check to see if you have power to the switch. Undoing the covers on the handle bar's is pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I don't think I was very clear. I don't use the heated grips very often, so really don't know when they went out. I'm sort of guessing that it's me, that I didn't plug something back in correctly after I replaced my clutch.
Looking in the Clymers, there's clearly a snap connection in line, and it appears, from the manual, that it's close to the handle bar attachment. I got to looking up under the nose cone, and can see several connections. I'm just wondering if one of those is what I see in the Clymers.
Coincidentally, I also lost the heated grips on the Harley, and can't fix them either. Maybe it's time for a 'vette? Just not in the mood right now to tear her apart, so I'll just wait 'till tomorrow. If that doesn't work, bigger gloves!!! :rotf:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,942 Posts
They are right up under the handle bar center cover. You most likely did not undo them for the clutch job - no need to.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the good news is that a link popped up below this one, and I followed that. It explains what colored wires to look at and where. Wonder why that didn't come up in my search. Hmmm.
Thanks guys. I'll start tracing in the morning.
Frank

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,942 Posts
Yeah I noticed that the search comes up empty but as soon as you post it finds the right link. Must be different algorithms

1 - 6 of 6 Posts