BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a bit of advice on where the best place to install a dual 'zone' Heat-Troller would be on the LT, please... Picture would be good if you have one.

Also, where do you have the 2 coax plug-in connectors at?

I think I know what I am getting for my Birthday .... :):)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have the single mounted version just inboard of the right hand mirror. I almost had a problem clearing the mirror mount support so be careful if you mount your control there.

I have seen pictures of the control knobs mounted in the stingray. I thought a vertical mount was better to keep water out.

I only have one coax plug, which I routed to the front of the saddle. In warm weather I tuck it inside out of sight.

I purchased a panel mounted jack but I have not installed it yet.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
wcarter said:
I have the single mounted version just inboard of the right hand mirror. I almost had a problem clearing the mirror mount support so be careful if you mount your control there.

I have seen pictures of the control knobs mounted in the stingray. I thought a vertical mount was better to keep water out.

I only have one coax plug, which I routed to the front of the saddle. In warm weather I tuck it inside out of sight.

I purchased a panel mounted jack but I have not installed it yet.
Like Weyman, I have my connector run under the front seat and am able to store it out of sight during warm weather riding. I have my single controller mounted on the horizontal surface directly in front of the left front speaker. Have had no weather/water issues with this location in 50k miles.

HTH

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
gulfxray said:
Need a bit of advice on where the best place to install a dual 'zone' Heat-Troller would be on the LT, please... Picture would be good if you have one.

Also, where do you have the 2 coax plug-in connectors at?

I think I know what I am getting for my Birthday .... :):)
Hi Shawn

look if this gives any hints for you...

http://picasaweb.google.com/pozoizquierdo/HEATTROLLERSFORGERBINGS

Regards

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice Ari!

Thank you for the pics...

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I think if was me I'd get one of the body worn controllers and then maybe just velcro it right under the seat somewhere similar to where the factory switch is located. That would keep the wires short. Just hook it up to your battery charger connector that's already fused under there. and run the wires to where you need them to plug into your gear. You could velcro it almost anywhere around the tank or fairing and you'd only have to have it there when you're using it. Otherwise it lives in the trunk.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts