1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
It was 68 here today..........nice........... :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
The word envy comes to mind. :sun: 30's here in So. Illinois. Low temps do not stop one from riding, it's just that working midnights and having differing days off with the other crazies makes it difficult at times to get together. (misery loves company) I'm taking last week of the month off. Hoping for clear roads then. New years day ride just around the corner. We'll ride to the Kaskaskia river (old timers call it the Okaw) and watch the real unbalanced ;) folk jump into the river.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yup, 15 degrees F, 8" of snow, 40 mph gusts - doesn't get any better than that :histerica My baby is hibernating for the winter.

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
RonKMiller said:
OK, so the picture was taken in the sun... it's only 70 at 3:20. Brrrr, I'll need to put on a fleece vest in a couple of hours. :D
28 and flurries, after 2"-3" already on the ground.

You are so close. Don't make me do it, man. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
24 degrees, a little breeze, partly sunny and I rode about 100 miles. I haven't been riding since 10/28/09 so was glad to get out and ride. (hurt my clutch hand)I'll be on it all winter here in NW MO. My '03 LT won't hibernate if I have anything to say about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bmw:

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Yeah, but is that a "dry heat"?

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Went for a 250 mile ride, temps from 73 down to 48 (that was around1:30-2:00pm), but with snow on the side of the road near Frazier Park.
There was virtually no traffic at all today. Me likey! :D

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
RonKMiller said:
OK, so the picture was taken in the sun... it's only 70 at 3:20. Brrrr, I'll need to put on a fleece vest in a couple of hours. :D
Yes, I'd heard that you AZ folks are pansies. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's been hovering right around 32-38 degrees f here in eastern Washington for the last couple weeks -- which is exactly the range in which we get black ice. Fortunately, it's been a little colder in the mountains, so I was able to make a BUNCH of high speed, hard-leaning, big-carve-pull-a-G turns last night -- on my 185cm Atomics. Love the bike -- brings me close to the sensation I get when I'm skiing.
:dance:

·
Cat Herder
1,486 Posts
it was a crappy overcast day around 54 degrees in Las Vegas

·
Registered
40 Posts
28 degrees "C" today, same tomorrow and oops 35 Wednesday - isn't the southern hemisphere wonderful......

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The mercury rocketed to a blistering 10 above this morning............looking at a high of 30.............2-4 inches expected tomorrow so the cloud cover always holds in a little heat...............still no comment from Algore....................... :histerica

·
Registered
293 Posts
45 F here this AM on the way in...which is way cold for us pansies down here. It's one of the few days a year we get to check if the heated parts on the bike actually work.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
A word towards the blessings of heated grips and seats................. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
407 Posts
76 and sunny this weekend in So Cal. Did 200 miles and half of that with no jacket. So what are a few earthquakes, fires and floods?

Weekend pic attacthed.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Voyager said:
Yes, I'd heard that you AZ folks are pansies. :)
It's not so much that we are pansies as that we can grow them this time of year... :)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Got to 52 F in SE Washington today and the skies were just overflowing with our own type of liquid sunshine! Great riding weather!

Minor thread hijack............

Ron, Loved your post but I've been looking at the LED's around the perimeter of your mirror. A great conspicuity addition but I'm wondering if they bother your eyes when riding at night.

On a similar note, does anyone know a source for led covers? I have been unable to locate purple LED's except in ultraviolet (duh!) and was thinking of using white LED's with purple covers or red LED's with blue covers.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Please resume normal threadishness. This hijack is now over.

Loren

1 - 20 of 27 Posts