BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

riding solo for many hours, i would like to hear the music played on my bikes cd-player to my helmet bluetooth.

Is this possible?

I have a 2008 K1200 Lt, with streetpilot II.

Any help is welcome.

thanx.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
They used to make Bluetooth transceivers for older cellphones and other electronics that could let you pair with your helmet. But that was several years ago. The problem is that you would need to create a 3.5mm audio output to plug a transceiver into.

In the mean time you could transfer the music to a mobile phone and play it back from there.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
If you bike has the comm system you could, tap into the output connector, connect a bluetooth dongle, pair to your headset. Even if you don't have the comm system, ( that would have made access to the output easier) you could tap into the speaker connections and do the same thing. Either way you need some basic electrical skills to get the connections done. I have done a simular thing with a cheap GPS just for fun to see if I could get spoken directions on the cheap.

I don't know of any other way to do it, BMW try to use bluetooth back when it was first designed because bluetooth really didn't have that capability.

·
Registered
132 Posts
sandyman01 said:
Not sure if ok to ask this hear but recently got a 1999 k1200lt and have a cd changer. How do you switch from one cd to another while driving?
Thank you
Same 4 way button that adjusts volume and advances tracks. Press and hold either side that changes tracks until you see the CD number change.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I use my bluetooth sony walkman rather than the cd player. I have a lead for the aux socket if I am using bmw cabled headsets when with the lady is on the back, but when alone I just use the same device but with bluetooth. Works great, and I have my entire cd collection to hand rather than filling the top case with cd's.

Dean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.