BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW wants $200 for one (count 'em, one) headset, PLUS the $50 for the lower cable. I'm sure this doesn't come as a surprize to most of you, but it was a shocker for me. I'm hoping some kind person among you has a suggestion for a cheaper headset that has a universal plug. Failing that, a wiring diagram for the lower cable would suffice so I can roll my own. I love the bike but would like to speak to my wife rather than have her knocking on my helmet when she wamts something.

Robin

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Robin said:
BMW wants $200 for one (count 'em, one) headset, PLUS the $50 for the lower cable.
You can buy the same headset from J&M (www.jmcorp.com) or Sierra Electronics (see Accessories under the Technical menu).

Due to contract issues, you can *only* get the lower cord from your dealer -- J&M can't sell them direct.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
J&M headsets are the BMW headsets $75 a piece on E-bay
You have to buy the lower cord from the BMW dealer

·
Registered
588 Posts
SilverBuffalo said:
J&M headsets are the BMW headsets $75 a piece on E-bay
You have to buy the lower cord from the BMW dealer
Sierra Electronics claims that the IMC headsets will work with the BMW systems. They also sell J&M sets. I have not purchased from them yet but they claim to sell the lower cords for the BMW units. I don't know if their prices are any better but I bet if they truly sell the same lower cords they are better.

Call them. They seem pretty knowledgeable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, folks.
I guess I shoulda posted in this forum. Next time I'll know better.

Robin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts