BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Autocom Pro M1 on my 03. Have two headsets in two helmets. Have two more helmets for kids and no headsets. I soldered up a headphone adapter so they have headphones and I can speak to them, but they can't speak to me. I would like to come up with a cheap headset alternative to put in their helmets so we can talk during a ride. especially if they need to stop or whatever.

Any ideas??? I know there has to be an alternative to the expensive autocomm headsets. No good local place to purchase autocomm stuff.

Randy

·
Registered
773 Posts
Autocom headsets

Randy said:
'but they can't speak to me.'

And your problem is?

Joking aside I cannot offer any parts, but I do know that the mike is powered so standard mikes are no good. Hopefully someone will come forward or you could try ebay.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. What does "pwered" mic mean? not clear on that. IIRC, the pin out on the 5 pin DIN plug has a left, right and a common, leaving 2 more pins for the mic. Hmmmm, have to investigate further. I thought maybe an FRS headset might work. Of course, I guess I could be less of a tight wad and just BUY the right part. but part of the fun of motorcycles is making something myself.

I just thought it would be nice for them to TELL me before they fall off!!! LOL

randy

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
rando said:
Thanks. What does "powered" mic mean? not clear on that. IIRC, the pin out on the 5 pin DIN plug has a left, right and a common, leaving 2 more pins for the mic. Hmmmm, have to investigate further.
randy
Doesn't the M1 have 7-pin connectors?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Autocom

It is my understanding that the 5 pin has a common ground for speakers and mic, the 7 pin has seperate ground for speakers and mic. This then leaves the question of why the 5 pin has 3 wires for the mike ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts