BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a headset pair for my wife and I. I need it to be able to pair with my iPhone so we can both listen to music and not just for voice. Any suggestions or experiences to share?

Thanks,
George

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Look at SENA Bluetooth headsets! I would suggest the 10S. You can talk to one another as well as sharing the music. You can also use the headset to receive telephone calls via your paired iPhone.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Hey. I live real close to you. In Garfield.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Hey. I live real close to you. In Garfield.
Head east on your rides something, and may be we'll run across one anther! :) Typically, I like to ride east into PA for my rides.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've used a Scala Rider for years and it's been great. Check out the pack talk system, comes with two headsets, FM radio, Bluetooth and some great features.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Yea. Been through the Beaver watershed. Manaca Rt 51, rt 170 nice riding thru there.

·
Premium Member
7,677 Posts
Head east on your rides something, and may be we'll run across one anther! :) Typically, I like to ride east into PA for my rides.
Good choice, Pad!

Are you planning your next international tour? I'm looking at Ireland now after the fun last year in the UK.

·
Old Dawg
3,301 Posts
My wife and I use the Sena 20S and have had excellent results.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had a Sena 10-S and replaced it with the 20-S when it came out. Big improvement and very happy with it. I hear they are going to release a 30-S soon.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Good choice, Pad!

Are you planning your next international tour? I'm looking at Ireland now after the fun last year in the UK.
I basically heads for the hills and the forest!! :) From here, heading west means dead flat roads and a lot of urban areas that I have to ride through.

Yes, I am in the serious planning stage to ride in New Zealand this December! The bike rental is quite expensive, but heck I am going to do what I want to do while I can do it! I still have lots of friends in NZ, and I am planning on spending almost a month there. I will be renting a car for the first part of the trip (an RT for the whole time is way too expensive at NZ$300/day), especially since I will be visiting friends in various places. The last two weeks will be in the south island, and that will be on a wethead RT. Heading straight down the west coast, and into the Fjordland area, then back up into the areas where I used to ride in the old days - central Otago and the Canterbury plain. Should be fun and quite nostalgic! :)

·
Premium Member
7,677 Posts
I basically heads for the hills and the forest!! :) From here, heading west means dead flat roads and a lot of urban areas that I have to ride through.

Yes, I am in the serious planning stage to ride in New Zealand this December! The bike rental is quite expensive, but heck I am going to do what I want to do while I can do it! I still have lots of friends in NZ, and I am planning on spending almost a month there. I will be renting a car for the first part of the trip (an RT for the whole time is way too expensive at NZ$300/day), especially since I will be visiting friends in various places. The last two weeks will be in the south island, and that will be on a wethead RT. Heading straight down the west coast, and into the Fjordland area, then back up into the areas where I used to ride in the old days - central Otago and the Canterbury plain. Should be fun and quite nostalgic! :)
That sounds like fun. NZ and Australia are both on my bucket list. Not sure I will live long enough to get to them all. And those long flights are less fun every year.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
does anyone still use interphone? i do and its great. always rated very high. i have had the 4 and now the 5. works easily and no issues over the years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've used a Scala Rider for years and it's been great. Check out the pack talk system, comes with two headsets, FM radio, Bluetooth and some great features.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Hey thanks for the shout-out, Whiskey.

I am looking for a headset pair for my wife and I. I need it to be able to pair with my iPhone so we can both listen to music and not just for voice. Any suggestions or experiences to share?

Thanks,
George
He's right- our products can do all of that and more. Good luck on your search!

-scala rider

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I am still using the scala g4 it has a big lag when I try to talk to wife on vox very dissapointed, by the time you activate it the moment has passed. no software updates available either.

·
Registered
14 Posts

If you end up in Auckland at any stage give us a yell

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
If you end up in Auckland at any stage give us a yell
Actually, Auckland is going to be my port of landing! I have many friends to visit there, and I am planning on spending 3 days (perhaps more) in the area to do some exploring. I had been to Auckland in the past (the '60s), but had never been any further north. I may do just that and head north past Whangarei, but chances are that I will spend more tome exploring the Coromandel Peninsular instead. I will be renting a car though, and won't be picking up the RT until I get to Nelson (or ChCh, depending which outfit I rent from).

It would be nice to meet another rider from the forum! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts