BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find out today that Trattoria Lisina is having a VERY busy weekend with up to three wedding events scheduled for Saturday. Unfortunately, the other events were scheduled way ahead of ours. This means we're competing with a full house, and because of our numbers, must order from a limited Banquet menu instead of the regular diner's menu, and do so family style.

The manager has requested we be seated not later than 11:15 and be out by 1:00! He is sending me the Banquet menu which I will post here. Menu pricing will be $30 per person for a three-category/course meal (appetizer or pasta - entree/sides - dessert) and $40 per person for a four/category course meal (appetizer - pasta - entree/sides - dessert). Two food items will be pre-selected and provided in each category. You select one item of the two when you order.

Any thoughts on this arrangement? Who'll pick food items? Moi, I guess.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Actually I think we did it this way the first time we were there, didn't we? Throw out the menu and lets take a look at our choices.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PiePrincess said:
Actually I think we did it this way the first time we were there, didn't we? Throw out the menu and lets take a look at our choices.
I think you're right, Gina. I'm gonna check with Barrett this morning to see how/what he did last time he arranged it.

In meantime, the menu should be an attachment here. When I call the restaurant shortly, I'll confirm that our choices will be made from a 'pre-selected pair' of items from each category, and I'll submit each 'pair' nlt Friday am. A three course lunch should do us. Stay tuned.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Disegard - disregard - disregard!!

What??? This thead is what.

We'll be ordering off the regular child's me..... oh, wait - that just applies to me, after whining to the restaurant manager!!!

We'll be doing the RTE like the ones in the past! Regular menu fare and group seating, long table and apparently same part of the restaurant as before.

Small change in arrival plans and seating plans. Should work for us, as we usually like a little palaver time before feeding face. So - arrival window is between 11:00 and 11:30 and we'll get a high sign from management to be in the door and seated +/- 11:45. Now, we do need to vacate all the seats by 2:15 so they can clean up and prepare for a bigger group. No worries, right!! :)

So there you have it - I now return you to your regularly scheduled Saturday ride and I thank you for your interest AND understanding. Cya Satiday. Ride safe, all.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DanMartin said:
Have to finish eating in 2.5 hours? Not sure I can.

dan
Doggie bag!!! :histerica

Hey, btw - you riding or driving. If riding, I can flatrate box the charger to your casa. I'll have it with me, just in case you cage in.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Dick said:
Doggie bag!!! :histerica

Hey, btw - you riding or driving. If riding, I can flatrate box the charger to your casa. I'll have it with me, just in case you cage in.
Don't know how I am getting there. If we ride,I'll be towing the trailer too. Gonna make a weekend of it and do some shopping.

dan

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Good job!! :thumb:

Much easier for all especially the one having to decide the menu for all.....:)

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bruce said:
Good job!! :thumb:

Much easier for all especially the one having to decide the menu for all.....:)
Hey, that part wouldn't have been all that hard - just use the ABC's. You know - A = anti-pasta, B = baloney sandwiches, C = cheesecake!! And stop right there!! :histerica

Dang - heard Rick has to work. Bummers. Say so, for me, next you see him.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Ordering off the regular menu will be great and more cost effecient for all. Thanks to the manager for working with you (even if you did whine a bit). We will be out of there as they need so we will be welcomed back again.

See everyone on Saturday. We too are making this an overnight trip to do some riding and relaxing.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Dick said:
Hey, that part wouldn't have been all that hard - just use the ABC's. You know - A = anti-pasta, B = baloney sandwiches, C = cheesecake!! And stop right there!! :histerica

Dang - heard Rick has to work. Bummers. Say so, for me, next you see him.
Will do when I see him the next time. He is bummed that he's going to miss the RTE. Thers will be others to ride to.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
traffic........the old settlers music fest is at the Salt Lick this weekend on 1826...more traffic to contend with .... plan accordingly

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey Dick...do you know what all that Italian stuff is? I've recently started a lo carb diet due to being too fat and blood sugar problems cropping up. This will be the first time eating out since I started changing my eating habits and I'm not sure how to do it in an Italian eatery. I guess I'll just ask at the restaurant for guidance. Getting aged and fat sucks....it's not like I started doing anything different the last 20 years...just got bigger from the same food. Oh well...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
lartross said:
Hey Dick...do you know what all that Italian stuff is? I've recently started a lo carb diet due to being too fat and blood sugar problems cropping up. This will be the first time eating out since I started changing my eating habits and I'm not sure how to do it in an Italian eatery. I guess I'll just ask at the restaurant for guidance. Getting aged and fat sucks....it's not like I started doing anything different the last 20 years...just got bigger from the same food. Oh well...
I'm not Dick ( OP )...but...Pasta is Carb's at its finist....you can have the Antipasti, Secondi, and the Contorni from the menu sections ( courses ). Watch out for the breading on the meat .. more carbs ......

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks Jim...but, I'm trying to avoid most carbs....it's kinda' hard when I'm doing my own cooking...it's complicated by the fact that Kathy now feels like eating meat is cruel to the poor little whatevers and is no longer eating meat....the main element of a lo carb diet...

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Larry, there are a number of low carb options. The salads for the most part, the sausage & Cannellini beans, the Antipasto Misto, the minnestrone, and most of the Secondi may have to ask if you can substitute a green vegetable for the potatoes or polenta (Italian grits) or gnocchi. We'll manage to keep ya from starvin' ;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks so much Benny. I'm new to this form of eating and not well versed in Italian at all, even though my wife was raised amongst Italians....

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lartross said:
Thanks so much Benny. I'm new to this form of eating and not well versed in Italian at all, even though my wife was raised amongst Italians....
Hey, Larry - wuzn't the Atkins diet sorta carb conscious. Maybe one of his books would help with Italian food do's and don'ts. 'Tween that and Benny, you oughta be just fine!! Looking forward to seeing you again - ride safe on the way down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts