BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
The word "NEED" is the factor here.
Will they "NEED" a protector ? NO
Can they be saved from Damage "WITH" a protector? YES.
I had a rock break the headlight on my LT 4 or 5 years ago. After I replaced the $450. light I put a H/L Protector on it. A few years ago I took another rock to the headlight & the $40. protector saved me another $450. light.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm resigned to getting one after cracking an Aeroflow headlight shield on my RT, which saved me about $700 or so because you can't just replace the glass..

So, can you image how much the adaptive headlight will cost to replace if it's sold as one unit. :(

Will have to wait for Aeroflow to produce one.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I have a Touratech(sp) one on my LT. It's like having safe sex. :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I had one on my V-strom, and I'll definitely be adding one to the GTL as soon as one becomes available.

·
IBR# 366
16,555 Posts
The LT has a glass headlight, which is much more susceptible to breaking from a rock hit.

The K12/13GT uses a plastic headlight lens, which is much less susceptible to breaking.

I imagine the "need" for a headlight protector on the K16GT/GTL is dependent on whether it has a glass or a plastic lens, and also dependent on the general level of paranoia/concern by the individual owner. :)

Either way, I figure that AeroFlow, Cee Baileys, and others will come up with plastic headlight guards for the new Slant/6 bikes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
meese said:
The LT has a glass headlight, which is much more susceptible to breaking from a rock hit.

The K12/13GT uses a plastic headlight lens, which is much less susceptible to breaking.

I imagine the "need" for a headlight protector on the K16GT/GTL is dependent on whether it has a glass or a plastic lens, and also dependent on the general level of paranoia/concern by the individual owner. :)

Either way, I figure that AeroFlow, Cee Baileys, and others will come up with plastic headlight guards for the new Slant/6 bikes.
It is a plastic head lens. I will take my chances and skip a protective cover.

·
IBR# 366
16,555 Posts
SwedishViking said:
It is a plastic head lens.
As I thought.

SwedishViking said:
I will take my chances and skip a protective cover.
Agreed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts