BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the newer zenon headlight assembly will fit in the older LT's, like a 2000 model. They look to be the same size and shape.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
They are slightly different, not enough to look different, but enough to not be interchangeable.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,358 Posts
Just remember it does not have a high beam - just the Xeon low beam.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gentlemen, Thank You for the info and speedy reply, but I'm still wondering?

Giles: Is it larger than the 2000 opening? I do have a couple of good dremel style tools. :

John: My concern is for the low beam, as I can add auxiliary lights that outperform the average high beam.

tia

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Why not just put in a HID? Lots simpler.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
alabrew said:
Why not just put in a HID? Lots simpler.
Absolutely!! I added a high and low HID from CQ lights to my 2003. Much better lighting than a stock newer bike and much cheaper and simpler that trying to retrofit a whole headlight assembly AND having to add driving lights too.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the HID over a year ago and while the low beam is much better, the high beam leaves a lot to be desired. If the high beam was horizontal, it would be great, but the vertical beam that searches the treetops just does not get it.

Now the biggest problem is that my headlight assembly looks dark. The only thing you can see is the high beam reflector, so one more reason for a different assembly.

I'm going to tear into the bike this winter so we will see if I can find some way to get more light out of it.

Thanks
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts