BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any way to get the stupid wire that holds the dust cover back in place without taking whole front off. can't seem to see up far enough to see where they clip to. thanks for any help :confused:

·
Registered
240 Posts
You can get it back in without taking everything apart. Put the wire on the cover and feel with your hand where you think it should be and you might get lucky. Mine came off when I installed my HID light. I was able to get it back on again but because I knocked a wire off on the back of my light housing when I put my ballast up there I ended up taking the nose cone of the bike to replace the connector I could see where the retaining wire went into the bike. I was frustrating however until I found the holes.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I've had this happen too. You can't see the left side with everything on, and of course that's the side that came off. So from the right side of the bike I went ahead and pulled that side out also to give me more play in finding the left side. Then attached the right side back in. There was some fumbling & cursing, but I finally got it. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts