BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The control to raise and lower the headlight was real tight. I turned it and something snapped. Now it is very easy to turn, almost loose, but it does raise and lower the headlight like it's supposed to. Any ideas?

By the way, I just added a new Bonneville T100 to the garage. Totally different than the RT, but lots of fun for around town and especially on hot summer days.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I talked to someone who had the same problem. He said it is a piece of plastic that easily breaks and the dealer can quickly replace it. Recently I also had the gas strip replaced and was told this was also a common problem. I absolutely love the bike. It's the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden (of course I've added a Russell seat, risers, etc), but I'm not very happy about all these little "common" problems that I have to keep taking to the dealer to get fixed. The five Harley's I've owned were bullet proof. To me the BMW is a much better bike to ride, but I'm not the kind of person who wants to take it in every six weeks when something needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I was going to leave it alone but the guy who had the exact same problem (who appears to be extremely knowledgable about bikes and works on them himself quite a bit) explained to me why the plastic piece does need to be replaced. He said something about the fact that eventhough the light will move up and down with the control, the light actually is not secured as tight as it should be and will vibrate (that could piss off oncoming traffic). The dealer told me to just come in anytime and they'll fix it. Love the dealer, love the bike, just venting.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It does seem to be a common problem with these bike. The dealer repaired mine at no charge and it has been working fine since.
Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts