BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I found out that my BackOff taillight modulator was not compatible with the CAN BUS electrical system I have been looking for something that will work for my RT. I've been riding for 43 years and have become more safety conscious in my "old age"!

Has anyone used either the Kisan headlight or taillight modulators? They have models that they say are CAN BUS compatible. I am curious how they have worked out for you.

Regards,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Steve,

I've been using the "Kisan Tailblazer 20W-S 2Pak" for a few months now on my '09 RT. They work well, but the only CanBus issue is that the yellow triangle on your dashboard flashes when the brake lights are in the "off" portion of flashing while braking. I ignore it now but it was a tad annoying at first. I also had to reverse (trade position of wires) one of the brake bulb socket wires during installation to keep the bulbs in phase. Easy to do, though. Bottom line - easy to install and they work for me.

Dave

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
cessna said:
Since I found out that my BackOff taillight modulator was not compatible with the CAN BUS electrical system I have been looking for something that will work for my RT.
Put in a relay, problems are solved.

That's what they did for the RTP, so check Fleabay and wrecking yards for the police relay box and you can also add better turn signals, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jeff. I am going to check the Hyper lights out tomorrow. I know that Iron Horse stocks them but they didn't have any for the RT before the Holidays.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Check out: www.powersportinnovations.com

It is an inertia devise that flashes a built in self contained light whenever you slow down or break. I have not installed it "yet" but plan to soon.

One of the problems with using your engine to break is that motorist behind you do not always realize that you are slowing down. This devise activates at most speed changes. I think it is just hooked up to a power source.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is also the factory accessory BMW tail / brake light. The LEDs flash rapidly from standard to extra bright on initial braking and then it glows steady bright. The unit also acts as an additional extra bright tail light. If you search on here there are a number of threads with the pros and cons. I've had mine since July and so far so good. 2 year warranty from BMW.

Cheers

BMW supplemental LED Brake Light

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have both units,the Hyperlites and the BMW supplemental brale light,both have been on my 07RT for 2 years now with no problems.People notice the difference..... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts