BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a rock to the head light and need to get a new one to replace the holed one. I didn't even feel it.
Any suggestions. Remember cheap is good. Oh, it's a 2003.

Lewis

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
km5bh said:
I took a rock to the head light and need to get a new one to replace the holed one. I didn't even feel it.

Lewis
I have a headlight from a 2003, the bucket itself is all messed up, but if you want to try to unglue my glass and use it on yours, you're welcome to try it. It won't be easy to do, since it's epoxied together, but if you got really creative you may be able to pull something off.

Drop me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
KMC1 said:
I have a headlight from a 2003, the bucket itself is all messed up, but if you want to try to unglue my glass and use it on yours, you're welcome to try it. It won't be easy to do, since it's epoxied together, but if you got really creative you may be able to pull something off.

Drop me a PM if interested.
I did some testing on a broken one just to see if the lens could be removed. No way. Mine had a broken lens, and I could not even get pieces out without further breaking them, and even then most of the little glass flange that goes into the plastic was left there. It is a VERY tenacious, probably urethane, adhesive. The glass has a relatively thin flange that goes into a slot in the plastic housing, and that is filled with the very strong, flexible adhesive. It is truly a "one piece" assembly.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Unfortunately you will have to replace the complete unit. I also had a rock break mine. You can try ebay or beemer bone yard for used but it may take some time. New will cost around $400.00. after you do replace it get you a Headlight cover

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
km5bh said:

Lewis
I have one that was a take off after my '05 was backed into by a truck. The lens is good but I think one of the tabs were broken. I can send it to you and we can work out the details later if it works for you.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
SoberBiker said:
I have one that was a take off after my '05 was backed into by a truck. The lens is good but I think one of the tabs were broken. I can send it to you and we can work out the details later if it works for you.
Unfortunately it won't fit.
We tried that during a tech session and that was a no-go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts