BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Xenon Headlight Adjustment

Hello everyone, I have a '06 LT, and my Xenon low beam points higher than the high beam. I tried turning the adjustment knob and the light does not move. When I turn the knob it feels as though it might come off in my hand. Is the only way to check this out by disassembling the faring? If so, is there a thread that describes how to repair / check this? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Dont know about the adjustment knob or cable, other than check the set screw on the knob to make sure it is tight and you are actually turning the post and cable under it. You may want to check your bulb too to make sure it is seated properly.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Re: Xenon Headlight Adjustment

cadent50 said:
Hello everyone, I have a '06 LT, and my Xenon low beam points higher than the high beam. I tried turning the adjustment knob and the light does not move. When I turn the knob it feels as though it might come off in my hand. Is the only way to check this out by disassembling the faring? If so, is there a thread that describes how to repair / check this? Any help would be appreciated!
The knob is for fine tuning only. i.e. for the difference when riding one up vs two up. It is not intended to be the gross adjustment. There are instructions in the Clymers manual that will help you as well as in several posts on this site. Just do a search on headlight adjust and you will find the help you need.

If you need to fix the adjust knob you will have to pull the front fairing. Remove the allen screw holding the knob, the nut holding the shaft, the front fairing and you're there!

Loren

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it matter if it's a Xenon headlight, or are all the '06 and newer models equipped with a Xenon light?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,358 Posts
They may be different, but if you reach up there and find the headlight end of the cable on the throttle side - just above where that goes into the lamp assembly is a little knob that will take it a bit farther.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts