BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently had to change out the low beam on my 99lt. Before the change the lighting was perfect, since the change I can see about 20 feet in front of the bike so I"ve been using the hi beam and it's where the low beam should be pointing. I have messed with the adjustment on the dash and the adjustment at the light itself and I am getting no movement of the light at all. Am I missing something? Is there a locking screw or something else that I"m not aware of that's not letting the light move? Any advice or help would be great.

Kurt

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
I would checkthe bulb to make sure it is fully installed and not cocked in the hole. Then check the installation of the back cover to make sure it is seated properly and not binding the central light fixture.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a similar problem. When I was pushing up on the spring clip that holds on the back cover, the lower mounting tab for the headlight housing broke. I heard it break, but mistook it for the clip popping into place. It allowed the housing to rock back on the bottom. A little plastic epoxy was all it took to reattach the tab.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts