BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Renting a bike in Vegas this weekend 9/20. Plan on going thru Death Valley up to Yosemite maybe to Tahoe to San Fran down the coast Rt1 to around san Luis Obispo then LA way then over towards Tipton and maybe the Grand Canyon and back to Vegas. Saturday to Saturday. Hitting the ground running. Will be on an Ultra as a BMW is twice the price. Any suggestions, warnings or what not appreciated. Ted:)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The California Highway Patrol love to shoot radar from on-ramps, so you won't see them as you approach overpasses. Good idea to glance over your right shoulder as you pass underneath each overpass. You'll have time to slow down before you enter their kill zone.

Sounds like a great ride! It's easy for me to spend your money, but I'd seriously consider finding a way to go on the BMW.

Also, try to hit Zion National Park. You can ride from north to south through the park, then to Hurricane UT and back to Vegas.

Ride safe!

·
Cat Herder
1,548 Posts
It will be VERY hot out in the desert... I-15 was washed away last week north of Vegas so plan for a slight delay if you go northbound. Also check to make sure the fires are under control around Yosemite.

The coast will be nice and cool. You may need to crank that harley up to full blast if you want to do the coast and the grand canyon in a week...

The BMW shop in LV is having their open house this Saturday the 20th

1 - 3 of 3 Posts