BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't believe the number of cops in Ohio. I'll bet we saw at least 15 cops with cars pulled over. Not many cops in Tennessee Kentucky or Michigan. It looked like they were on a mission to give out speeding tickets.

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
I'm assuming these were Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers? On most holiday weekends, yes - you will see them in very strong numbers along a given stretch of interstate. They mean business!

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Yep, saw them also. 70 mph to some means 85. Saw Troopers working in tandem using hand-held laser guns. Didn't see any in TN or KY.
I locked in the cruz at 73. :bmw:

Hit heavy rain south of Columbus yesterday afternoon. Cages were pulling over to the side due to poor visibility.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
It's a holiday weekend & that is normal.

Ohio has always been a pain in the 'nads. They were the last state to go back to 65-70 when the commies dropped that 55 mph speed limit way back.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
I did see one cage accident in TN where a car was pinned against a rock formation and the apron ditch on an angle. Not sure if the occupants were trapped or not.:(

The wrecker was a few miles back.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yep, Georgia has their 100 Days of Summer HEAT Program - Highway Enforcement of Aggressive Traffic. I usually set the cruise for 10% higher than posted and they seem to allow that. I've driven by LEOs laying in the cut and they just let me keep on going. Problem with the LT cruise control (at least the one on the 05) is that it's inclined to go + or - by a few mph.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Yes we saw many along I71 today. aiming their speed monitoring gun devices at me:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts