BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving from Scranton, PA on 9/8 and expect to be at Deals Gap on 9/10. Bought a bike in Monument Colorado in 2006 and was headed to same in July of that year. Got to 103 miles past Memphis (East) and crashed on I-40 with no idea what happened (save for the 100 degree temps). This time I'm going to take this tired old carcass to The Dragon come Hell or High Water. I will be running WVA 219 and hope to get this into my GPS prior to heading out. Any suggestions as to motels, eaterys or bars, please do keep me posted. It is just about a month past my 22nd annual 39th birthday and I'm going balls to the wall. I have a heart proceedure on 8/28 so I hope to be in fighting shape by the time I leave. HOOOOOOORAHHHHHHH!

"Do not take council with your fears" Stonewall Jackson

Via Con Dios

Will3hawks

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
will3hawks said:
Leaving from Scranton, PA on 9/8 and expect to be at Deals Gap on 9/10. Bought a bike in Monument Colorado in 2006 and was headed to same in July of that year. Got to 103 miles past Memphis (East) and crashed on I-40 with no idea what happened (save for the 100 degree temps). This time I'm going to take this tired old carcass to The Dragon come Hell or High Water. I will be running WVA 219 and hope to get this into my GPS prior to heading out. Any suggestions as to motels, eaterys or bars, please do keep me posted. It is just about a month past my 22nd annual 39th birthday and I'm going balls to the wall. I have a heart proceedure on 8/28 so I hope to be in fighting shape by the time I leave. HOOOOOOORAHHHHHHH!

"Do not take council with your fears" Stonewall Jackson

Via Con Dios

Will3hawks
Ironhorse Motorcycle campground is a great place to stay, food is pretty good too! www.ironhorsenc.com

They are right in the middle of some of the best riding anywhere.

Another great place to eat is in Tellico Plains, Tennesse at the Tellico Bakery; if you go on a Saturday, their pizza is awesome, the sandwiches are pretty good as well.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The Iron Horse as well as Deal's Gap (store & little hotel) and the hotels in Robbinsville are all in a dry county. It doesn't bother me one way or the other, you can bring it with you.

Or you can have a police dog sniff it out for you. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
blueknightga6 said:
Or you can have a police dog sniff it out for you. :rolleyes:
Having a grown son in the area and an ex-wife with family still there, yep, you can sure find some corn "squeezin's" in the area. Only problem is, if they don't know you or you don't know somebody, they ain't talkin' or sellin'.

If you put off your trip until Oct., there will be a group of us at the Ironhorse Lodge for the annual Smoky Mountain Fall Reunion. Dates are 18-21, IIRC.

Have a good trip, whenever you're there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts