BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
I'm betting I'm not the first guy to have his Lt parked and have someone become interested in it.

Just a week ago it happened to me. He had lots of questions. Guess I did a good selling job as he wanted to take a ride on mine. I told him to call me and we could take a short ride on each others bikes. I knew he'd be surprised at the ride, as I was on the first Lt ride that I took. :D

Yep, I was right as we just finished about a 15 mile ride this afternoon(Sunday). I could see in his eyes that he was impressed.

Sooooooooooo, if he becomes an Lt rider/owner (which I bet he does) where do I collect my commission? LOL :bmw:

Onward and Upward.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
vernvernvern said:
Howdy all,
I'm betting I'm not the first guy to have his Lt parked and have someone become interested in it.

Just a week ago it happened to me. He had lots of questions. Guess I did a good selling job as he wanted to take a ride on mine. I told him to call me and we could take a short ride on each others bikes. I knew he'd be surprised at the ride, as I was on the first Lt ride that I took. :D

Yep, I was right as we just finished about a 15 mile ride this afternoon(Sunday). I could see in his eyes that he was impressed.

Sooooooooooo, if he becomes an Lt rider/owner (which I bet he does) where do I collect my commission? LOL :bmw:

Onward and Upward.
Your local BMW dealer should help you with that! (seriously... I think I've sold a few LTs based on the scenario you describe)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Pulling into my spot at work on a chilly morning last week I notice a guy eyeing me from his pickup a few spots over. By the time I deploy the hydraulic centerstand he's practically falling out of his truck trying to get a better look. "Nice bike", he says as I silently mouth his words practically before he utters them. Feeling charitable I swing off the bike, remove my helmet and with a smile say, "Thanks". A little friendly motorcycle conversation is always welcome. Then he says, "...and that kickstand is really great!" My smile fades as I walk into the office to face the day. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Better than big expensive ads

hschisler said:
Your local BMW dealer should help you with that! (seriously... I think I've sold a few LTs based on the scenario you describe)
Howard,

I don't believe high priced advertising will make us see more Lt's on the road. I think it's that first ride on an Lt that does the selling.

I know I sure had no idea until that first couple miles. I thought to myself, is this real???. I had to pinch myself. It was that much different from the HD road glide I traded in.

My new friend that took the ride Sunday mentioned before we rode that he wanted to see how the Lt felt on uneven blacktops, etc. I told him he won't feel much of the road like he does on his smaller Honda bike.

After the ride, he said, " I just can't believe the difference in the ride." And, he was really impressed with the wind shield adjustment. His previous thinking was that it was just a plaything. You just can't advertise things like that. You have to experience them.

My thoughs, of course.
Vern

1 - 4 of 4 Posts