BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
brasters said:
That Chinese place in Lodi. China Gardens? I could use a mama or papa roll about now!
Mama and Papa rolls are at Shangri-La Asian Bistro, downtown Lodi.

Feel brave ?
New owners (3 brothers) have taken over a closed reaturant in Lodi at 100 N Cherokee Ln and reopened as the "Lobster Pot".
One of the brothers is in Maine and ships fresh seafood directly to the restaurant.
Full menu of burgers/steaks etc. Neither Hal or I have tried it yet.
 

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
Lobster Pot received a good review in the paper, and friends tried it and liked it. Full lobster dinner was $29.95. Said the hamburger was really good too.
 

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
brasters said:
OK, then Shan-gri-la resteraunt. At the Lobster pot...30.00 for a single lobster....phew, no thanks.
Well you know you don't have to ORDER the lobster. Bring a sack lunch along, I'm sure they won't mind. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Re: Hddc 10-28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Doug
2. Hal
3. Just Bob
4. Jim
5. Tim
6.
__________________
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
Lobster Pot
100 N Cherokee Ln.
between Hwy 12 east/Victor Rd and Pine St
Lodi, CA.

South bound 99 take first Lodi exit (Business 99/Cherokee Ln).
Proceed straight thru 2nd stop LIGHT, turn at Franco's Pizza on left (east), Lobster Pot is at the left rear corner of the parking lot straight ahead (east).



7:00 pm

1. Doug
2. Hal
3. Just Bob
4. Jim
5. Tim
6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
dougholck said:
Lobster Pot
100 N Cherokee Ln.
between Hwy 12 east/Victor Rd and Pine St
Lodi, CA.

South bound 99 take first Lodi exit (Business 99/Cherokee Ln).
Proceed straight thru 2nd stop LIGHT, turn at Franco's Pizza on left (east), Lobster Pot is at the left rear corner of the parking lot straight ahead (east).



7:00 pm

1. Doug
2. Hal
3. Just Bob
4. Jim
5. Tim
6 Chuck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
First off the place is named the Lobster Trap, not Pot.

No alcohol license yet, bummer.

Only Lobsters in tank were 3 1/2 pounders for $75.00.

Clam Chowder was just milk with 8 potaoto chunks in it, gets a 1 out of 10.

Had Fishermans Platter, you get more than you can eat but all tasted the same since all breaded the same and probably deepfried in the same oil tank.

Tarter sauce was excellent and Chucks burger looked good (want to say something positive).

Good thing I stopped by Shangra-La and got Bob a Moms Roll, was highlight of the meal.

Lucky for Tim he never got there, got stuck in traffic when Southbound 99 was closed for an accident. He called from the road and turned around..

Next time we do Lodi, need to try Franco's Pizza, Hal guarantees it's the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Sounds like I didn't miss much but I would have taken it.

Mack to Elk Grove: 2 miles and 15 minutes
Kammerer to Eschinger: 1 mile and 22 minutes

Turned around at Eschinger and got Panda Express on Florin Road.

Should have ridden my KLR since I would not have had to worry about air pressure on me at freeway speeds.

Where are we going next week that is not on Hwy 99?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Knowing fullwell that Doug is almost always a positive guy, his evaluation of the Lobster Trap is very kind indeed.

With reasonable respect to the bothers who recently opened the place, I can't remember a worse experience as far as resturants go. It was actually embarassing to be there. The guy was honest when I asked if the ABC was jacking them around on a wine/beer permit. He said "No, we haven't applied because we don't have the money".

Unfortunately they have nothing going for them including the wait staff (none).

I give them another month before the door is locked permanently.

Oh well, it can only make us appreciate where we have been and where we are going.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
TheSnake said:
Knowing fullwell that Doug is almost always a positive guy, his evaluation of the Lobster Trap is very kind indeed.

With reasonable respect to the bothers who recently opened the place, I can't remember a worse experience as far as resturants go. It was actually embarassing to be there. The guy was honest when I asked if the ABC was jacking them around on a wine/beer permit. He said "No, we haven't applied because we don't have the money".

Unfortunately they have nothing going for them including the wait staff (none).

I give them another month before the door is locked permanently.

Oh well, it can only make us appreciate where we have been and where we are going.....
I enjoyed it way more than I wanted to, again at 2:30am, 3:30am, 5:30 am, 6:30am and I hope lastly at 7:30am. Feeling OK now and completly cleaned out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,322 Posts
+2, I won't be back to this place, nothing to differentiate this place from Bubba Gumps other then no wait staff and no ambiance.
 

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
I don't think they will be in business long enough for us to worry about going back... :D
 

·
Old Dawg
Joined
·
3,295 Posts
Funny, Jess asked me where dinner was and I said "Lobster Pot, sounds like a cut below that joint Red Lobster that I can't stand so let's pass". Boy am I glad we had spagetti at our place :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
scottydawg said:
Funny, Jess asked me where dinner was and I said "Lobster Pot, sounds like a cut below that joint Red Lobster that I can't stand so let's pass". Boy am I glad we had spagetti at our place :)
I do not go to HDDC dinners for the food, and I wish I hadn't eaten this time.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top