BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've successfully bled the front and rear abs circuit and wheel cylinders. When I try to bleed either the front or rear control circuit I'm having problems whereas when I gently press down the brake lever and open up any one of the three bleeders for either the front or rear circuit no fluid comes out, nor does the front or rear resvoir draw down. Can someone please offer some assistance? I should mention that the key is off and the abs module is disconected per instructions.

Thanks,
Quadrunner

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,251 Posts
I presume you are actually doing a flush to replace old fluid rather than a bleed to eliminate air from a line replacement. The tall bleed port on the inboard side of the ABS is for the front control circuit and the tall one on the outboard side is for the rear control circuit. These are the only ones needed for a flush. Open the inboard tall one and squeeze the lever, fluid should flow out. If it does not then open the same port further, You may just not be opening it far enough. Hope that second DVD played OK.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for getting back, I will try it again today and post results. The second dvd worked perfectly, thanks again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are actually 2 small fluid reservoirs

Remove the 2 caps,vent lines with a large Allen key. You can see them in the photo below in the photo below, just be sure to refill as you bleed so you dont; draw air in. I used a turkey baster and as soon as the fluid level dropped a bit it would allow air in to the baster and release fluid to refill the chamber. Then just bleed the wheel cylinders while holding the lever to run the pump.

on the ABS servo unit.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,251 Posts
That is for the wheel circuits his issue is the control circuits and he did get it after he opened the bleeders a bit more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts