Subject: Password Change Required View Full Header
View Printable Version
View as plain text
Add Address
Date: Sat, October 22, 2005 17:38
Priority: Normal

Password change required!

Dear sir,

We recently have determined that different computers have logged onto your eBay account, and multiple password failures were present before the logons. We strongly advice CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD.

If this is not completed by Octomber 29, 2005, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes. Thank you for your cooperation.

Click here to Change Your Password

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for using eBay!
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hook, Line, and Sinker..IF you're not careful

Not today...:D
You also get a lot of these that look like they are from Paypal. I had to really work hard to educate my wife not to get sucked into these Phisher emails. They almost got her before I could intervene. They look so real...but they are just trying to get your account numbers.

The answer to staying safe:

NEVER...answer anything like this that YOU didn't initiate. And always work directly with the company that you are dealing with (again, with YOU initiating the contact from an address that you, yourself, know and type in).

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I seem to get 4 or 5 a day of these a day. Most get culled by the SPAM detector but some still get through... Internet bottom dwellers at work... Paypal has a an address you can forward such messages too so they can try and track them down: [email protected]. E-Bay may have something similar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts